What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

Hey Michael, we're doing ok here in SE Virginia. Beautiful day to ride, sunny and mid 70's but it's my better half's birthday and I refuse to leave to go for a ride even though she said to. Gotta keep priorities in order. Besides a ride every now and then and infrequent trips to the grocery store we're pretty much hunkered down.

To get the thread back on track about a week ago I installed the HD sissy bar and pad. Something is weird with it, I couldn't get one of the legs locked down in the dock. I finally was able to get the bar locked to that one dock by removing it, installing the dock on the bar then installing the dock into the body with bar already attached. I need to futz with it some more to see what the heck is going on but for now it's together, locked and I haven't wanted to argue with success.

Anybody else ever have an issue like that?

By forum rules, I'm allowed to get this thread slightly off track because I started it & after 235,xxx views, it's doing well!;):cool: I'm glad your riding in Virginia. I lived there a few years while going to electronics & guided missile school in the Navy.

Couple days ago I installed CVO slip ons with slash cut tips & adjust suspension again. Today rolled it out, thought we would go for a short ride. Before we got ready , it rained again. Rolled it back in & at least while wet got the bugs off.

I had a problem getting one side of mine in, lubricated the O rings as instructed so I couldn't figure that out. A friend used slightly smaller O rings, lubricated them both then they slipped right in.

Yup that too. The install kit comes with 2 sets of O rings. One set is skinnier. They do seem to rattle on mine:p

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO
Got out and rode 50 miles today. There is very little traffic here and gas is down to $1.81 a gallon. I had to pick up a prescription @ the Mayo Clinic today. They are checking temps and screening everyone entering their buildings. I am impressed;) I am fortunate that my wife who works @ The Mayo Clinic can work from home, however she now knows when I sneak out for a ride:p

Well, I had planned on a ride today but the weather had other ideas. We are having 30mph winds with gusts to 45mph. Tomorrow is supposed to be better, so I will try for a noon ride then.:Dorag:

Well, I had planned on a ride today but the weather had other ideas. We are having 30mph winds with gusts to 45mph. Tomorrow is supposed to be better, so I will try for a noon ride then.:Dorag:

Wow, that is sub tropical force winds. I wont tell you how nice it has been here:p

Just got back from the grocery store. Gas today is $1.75 cheapest it has been in years.

Not much traffic today, we are going on lock down tonight what ever that means:p

Pretty much same here in Virginia. The Governor just now turned the recommended social distancing policy into an Executive Order effective until June 10th; he got ticked at the crowded beaches over the weekend. Since outdoor exercising is still ok; running, walking, bike riding etc and if in a group, no more than 10 I still intend to ride when I can but keep to myself.

Got a good 100 miles in yesterday in sunny, 87 degree temp's. In the 70's today but will be back in the 50's/60's starting tomorrow.

hitch

I bought this hitch from USA Trailer store, comes with the Ball and is specifically made to fit under your rear bumper. I took it to a shop to have it installed and they said it was a pain in the ass..But you could do it yourself.

hoover-hitch-48pt.png

A Motorcycle Receiver Hitch for HDTri-Glide and Freewheeler

FEATURES:

• Fits FLHTCUTG HD Tri-Glides 2011 – Present
  • Fits FLRT HD Freewheeler
  • Attaches to trikes with or without Harley’s optional rear bumper – a feature not offered by the competitors
  • Quick release ball mount
  • Heavy-duty steel construction
  • Highly polished CHROME hitch ball mount and ball
  • Includes all required hardware
  • Powder coated
  • 1 [SUP]7[/SUP]/[SUB]8[/SUB]’’ CHROME ball FREE

https://theusatrailerstore.com/harley-trike-trailer-hitch-tri-glide-and-freewheeler/

I bought this hitch from USA Trailer store, comes with the Ball and is specifically made to fit under your rear bumper. I took it to a shop to have it installed and they said it was a pain in the ass..But you could do it yourself.

hoover-hitch-48pt.png

A Motorcycle Receiver Hitch for HDTri-Glide and Freewheeler

FEATURES:

• Fits FLHTCUTG HD Tri-Glides 2011 – Present
  • Fits FLRT HD Freewheeler
  • Attaches to trikes with or without Harley’s optional rear bumper – a feature not offered by the competitors
  • Quick release ball mount
  • Heavy-duty steel construction
  • Highly polished CHROME hitch ball mount and ball
  • Includes all required hardware
  • Powder coated
  • 1 [SUP]7[/SUP]/[SUB]8[/SUB]’’ CHROME ball FREE

https://theusatrailerstore.com/harley-trike-trailer-hitch-tri-glide-and-freewheeler/

Thank you

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png