What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

I'm planning on using some of my virus refund to buy a left side led gas cap with a voltage gauge also. Kuryakin has a couple I like. I'm thinking of going zombie :D

Anyone else have any plans for upgrades with your virus money?

I ordered my gas/battery gauge.:cool:

81U2rRobp1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Nice, is that plug and play?

It comes with the pinned wires. You have to unplug the old 1 and remove the pins from the plug, then pull the wires through the tank & pass the new ones through to the bottom of the tank. It wont take long.:cool: The fuel gauge is also programmable.

If you watch this video, the guy has a good explanation of removing the pins from the OEM gauge. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccQroBm1Xjc

I put highway pegs on my engine guard, then one cold day I bought soft lowers for it, then one day I bought LED lights from DK Custom Products for it.:Dorag::)

LadyonaMission, Question, (3) do you have the engine guard from Harley? Part #49184-09A $219.95¢) If not where did you get it? Do you have the Steering Damper

Harley says i have to buy the STEERING DAMPER (#45700054) $29.95¢ also.

I hadn't found another Free Wheeler with engine guard to look at. mine is a 2015.

I like the soft lowers got them on my Sportster.

Thanks in advance for a reply.

LadyonaMission, Question, (3) do you have the engine guard from Harley? Part #49184-09A $219.95¢) If not where did you get it? Do you have the Steering Damper

Harley says i have to buy the STEERING DAMPER (#45700054) $29.95¢ also.

I hadn't found another Free Wheeler with engine guard to look at. mine is a 2015.

I like the soft lowers got them on my Sportster.

Thanks in advance for a reply.

My Freewheeler is also 2015. My engine guard is the number you have. I got it in 2016 for $175.00 from Boardtracker online. No taxes, $5 shipping.

My steering damper is item number 83865-09, $16.00 purchased on the order with the engine guard.

My Freewheeler is also 2015. My engine guard is the number you have. I got it in 2016 for $175.00 from Boardtracker online. No taxes, $5 shipping.

My steering damper is item number 83865-09, $16.00 purchased on the order with the engine guard.

No more Boardtracker. bummer. But that's what happens. I hear Sturdyke is good for discounts.

I beat the rain today:p Had a great ride to the Mayo Clinic to pick up a prescription. I good thing about the Mayo Clinic is they have designated parking spots in the parking garage for Motorcycles and it is free. All others pay $5.00 per day;) Gas is under $1.50 a gallon who would have thought they would ever see it again. I keep sane by riding. By riding I am social distancing:p

No more Boardtracker. bummer. But that's what happens. I hear Sturdyke is good for discounts.

Yes, that is who I've used a few times recently. They were fast before the C-19. Last order took almost 3 weeks before they shipped....said they were backed up from the pandemic. But they did finally get it out.

Kevin

freewheeler won't start

I have poking at my trike for a few days and I still can't get it to start. Battery is charged clutch is pulled brake is on every thing else is working still no start. I think the next step is explosives

I have poking at my trike for a few days and I still can't get it to start. Battery is charged clutch is pulled brake is on every thing else is working still no start. I think the next step is explosives
Do you have it in Neutral? - - that's what my 2016 seems to require.
and there's fuel in the tank:blush: ....oh com'on!......sometimes a little levity can be a stress breaker.:)

JW Speaker 8790 nonadaptive headlight install

I've a 2015 Freewheeler. I purchased through JP Cycles a model 8790 nonadaptive JW Speaker LED headlight and installed it today. I've not yet ridden in the dark so I have no idea how the light performs in that situation. I'll try and attach a photo of the face of the light, not installed.

This post is intended to provide information about the light and my installation experience. The lighting unit is of extremely high quality the installation method and final result is not so high quality.

I'll explain the difference between adaptive and nonadaptive technology. Nonadaptive means the light shines straight down the road like any headlight. An adaptive headlight has extra LED's that illuminate the road side as a bike is leaned into a turn. Since a trike does not lean adaptive technology is not required and such a light is useless on a trike, especially considering its $200+ extra cost over a nonadaptive. The JW Speaker 8790 adaptive and nonadaptive light each use the same housing and face plate so you might think when looking at the nonadaptive; WOW, look at all those LED's. The only LED's that work on the nonadaptive are the center one, low beam and the 3 on the bottom, high beam. Those arrayed in a circle do not work, the LED's and controlling circuitry are not installed.

I've a 2015 Freewheeler that had the factory halogen headlight. This headlight has an H4 (3 prong) connector to the bike circuitry. The JW Speaker 8790 light comes with this same H4 connector installed so it is plug and play. The purchase information on the JW Speaker and JP Cycles site each say an adapter wiring harness is required. This is not true and it is useless. I can speak only for my bike. To verify I suggest you pull your existing headlight loose from its mountings and check if you have an H4 type plug; if so, you do not need the harness. Save yourself $20 to $30.

There were no installation instructions included with the headlight. There was a postcard with a reference link to the JW Speaker site for a video of installation instructions. I found this video not to exist for this specific model light. The installation is a no brainer to a point, the light electrically connects the same as stock and it slips into the housing with the 3 orientating tabs the same as stock but that is where similarity to the stock installation ends. The stock light fits flush to the light housing, the JW Speaker light does not. There are some bosses on the light that keep it from fitting close to the stock housing by approximately 1/8 of an inch. There is a 7 inch rubber "O" ring included with the light. Having no installation instructions I assumed this installs around the light to seal the 1/8 inch gap and is intended to pinch between the stock housing and the light retaining ring for a water resistant seal, it does no for several reasons. The "O" ring rides too high where the light orientation bosses are and falls into the gap where they are not so there it does not pinch with the light retaining ring leaving a water leak point. Knowing this now I think a thin smear of silicone caulk on the factory mounting face might hold this "O" ring in position to get the pinch seal with the light retaining ring.

Why did I buy this particular light? I bought it for two reasons, the dual burn technology which is when the high beam is on the low beam is also on. The other is, I looked at the JW Speaker site for the light pattern of this light and on low beam it throws light wider to the side and closer to the bike, hence giving me good side lighting but it also throws low beam lighting down the road the same as other low beam lighting does.

JW Speaker light front.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png