What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

You will never look back;)

Jack, The Redline Shockproof is great. Shifted very well with what seemed to be less of that HD clunk. I should have listened to you & Kevin last year & tried it out. I'm glad I did, thanks.

The Redline is pretty thick & seems to cushion better.

Primary seems fine with HD Formula + & the engine liked the Castrol Actevo after my 45 mile shakedown ride in the best weather of the spring at 74 & mostly sunny.:cool:

Jack, The Redline Shockproof is great. Shifted very well with what seemed to be less of that HD clunk. I should have listened to you & Kevin last year & tried it out. I'm glad I did, thanks.

The Redline is pretty thick & seems to cushion better.

Primary seems fine with HD Formula + & the engine liked the Castrol Actevo after my 45 mile shakedown ride in the best weather of the spring at 74 & mostly sunny.:cool:

Good 4 u, enjoy your Spring rides:clapping:

Jack, The Redline Shockproof is great. Shifted very well with what seemed to be less of that HD clunk.

I have read several of the other posts but wanted to get a last and final recommendation on the specific product - Is "V-TWIN TRANSMISSION OIL WITH SHOCKPROOF®" what you and Jack are running or is it "HEAVY SHOCKPROOF®" gear oil that is billed as "film thickness greater than an SAE 75W250 with low fluid friction like 75W90" or is it something else?

The slave cylinder and screaming eagle clutch is going in to my science project and I wanted to give this a try as well.

I have read several of the other posts but wanted to get a last and final recommendation on the specific product - Is "V-TWIN TRANSMISSION OIL WITH SHOCKPROOF®" what you and Jack are running or is it "HEAVY SHOCKPROOF®" gear oil that is billed as "film thickness greater than an SAE 75W250 with low fluid friction like 75W90" or is it something else?

The slave cylinder and screaming eagle clutch is going in to my science project and I wanted to give this a try as well.

It is Redline full synthetic V-Twin transmission gear oil with Shockproof.

The back of the bottle has the statement about it comparing to 75W250.

The UPC code is 83522 42804. Mine is a year old & looks like this, I think they changed the look of the label this year.

red_line_v_twin_transmission_oilwith_shock_proof_750x750.jpg

MDO,

When you run out of your HD Primary oil, give SYN3 a try in the primary.

Surprised the crap out of me a few years back how much nicer the clutch engagement is with the SYN3...and no slippage.

Kevin

Thanks,

I had the Lucas full synthetic 20W50 and was happy. I also have 2 quarts of the Redline primary fluid to use, I was just trying to use up the HD Formula +. The Lucas had only been in their 4,000 miles & I was surprised at how dirty it was.

I have enough oils/filters for my next 3 complete changes, I need to quit finding great deals, cause I have trouble turning them down.

I actually had Syn.3 installed in all 3 holes at the 1,000 mile service from my dealer out in CA & it was in till about 3,800 miles when I changed to Lucas. The main difference I noticed was it shifted smoother & seem to run a little cooler, but that could have been from just breaking in completely.

It is Redline full synthetic V-Twin transmission gear oil with Shockproof.

The back of the bottle has the statement about it comparing to 75W250.

The UPC code is 83522 42804. Mine is a year old & looks like this, I think they changed the look of the label this year.

red_line_v_twin_transmission_oilwith_shock_proof_750x750.jpg

• This product dampens transmission noise (reducing the notorious shifting clunk found in these gearboxes), dramatically reduces temperature, provides thicker oil films between gear teeth and resists throw-off
  • For all aftermarket versions like Baker, JIMS, S&S, etc.
  • For all H-D® trans including with Evolution engines, Twin Cam engines and latest 6-speed Cruise Drive
  • Same fluid as our unique Heavy ShockProof® Gear Oil

This is from Redline web page

I shined my FW up after yesterdays ride. I got another 70 mile ride in today in our 82 degree weather & 5 miles from home, it starts raining on me.:gah: I had to put it away wet, but will be shining it up again. It sure was nice to ride 2 days in a row.:cool:

• This product dampens transmission noise (reducing the notorious shifting clunk found in these gearboxes), dramatically reduces temperature, provides thicker oil films between gear teeth and resists throw-off
  • For all aftermarket versions like Baker, JIMS, S&S, etc.
  • For all H-D® trans including with Evolution engines, Twin Cam engines and latest 6-speed Cruise Drive
  • Same fluid as our unique Heavy ShockProof® Gear Oil

This is from Redline web page

For anyone interested, here's a snapshot of the Redline Shockproof White Paper.

20190407_220958.jpg

Well, I am grounded for 24 hours. I got my driveway sealed & my FW is resting in the garage, stranded & alone. At least we have a nice sunny day to help cure my driveway.:cool:

I will perform some yard work, get the FW out and give it a quick wipe down, then it's off to the grocery store.

I have never been so excited about the store! :cool:

Take the long way there and back like I do:p

Just now got back myself, NO broken eggs this trip:laugh:

Reactions: MDO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png