What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

I hope the rest of you are doing better than STL weather wise. We are having January weather in November. I went out and covered my FW with the king size fitted sheet from Goodwill. It works great.

We have an artic freeze coming Monday thru Wednesday with temps in the mid teens.

I am changing the oil & filter on my car at noon, then riding to my sons for dinner, so I will get a 70 mile ride in before the November freeze arrives.:cool:

UPDATE:

I got a great ride in & I hope it holds me over till our cold spell passes.

I did my yearly oil/filter change on my vehicle & my wife's car is on deck for tomorrow. I try and do this in early October, but this year is different with me living at the VA Hospital.

We set a weather record today at 11° & 4 below wind chill, so no riding today.

We should get above freezing tomorrow afternoon. I hope the rest of you are doing better.

We set a weather record today at 11° & 4 below wind chill, so no riding today.

We should get above freezing tomorrow afternoon. I hope the rest of you are doing better.

Yesterday's temps weren't bad, but we had Strong Wind Advisory Warnings as there were speeds of 20-30mph, gusting up to 40mph.

Overnight temps from upper teens to low 20's......high today may reach mid to upper 30's. As the saying goes; really makes no never mind for me....this will be week #5 that I've not been able to ride.:(

5 below yesterday morning. Went out with the snow broom -

SnoBroom.jpg

and cleared 3" of snow, my place, my boy's next door, and the neighbor lady that gives us baked goodies.

Nice today, 30 already. Have a ton of photo work to do but may grab the camera and head out to the lake. I know it's not froze enough for this -

P1020066.jpg

but funtime is coming!

Pretty windy today as the cold front moves in. I went to the grocery store and took the long way there and back. No broken eggs this trip:p

It is going to be 20 degrees colder than normal here the next 5-7 days, maybe time for chaps and jacket;) THe temp was 78 @ noon, dropping to 40 degrees tonight

Reactions: MDO
Pretty windy today as the cold front moves in. I went to the grocery store and took the long way there and back. No broken eggs this trip:p

It is going to be 20 degrees colder than normal here the next 5-7 days, maybe time for chaps and jacket;) THe temp was 78 @ noon, dropping to 40 degrees tonight

I hope that Florida doesn’t get any bad freezing weather this winter.... when they do it really drives down the supply, and ups the price, of the good produce from Florida.

Finally fitted the DK 1.5” tank lift, commuted to work & back, about 90 miles, felt a lot cooler on my right leg that normally becomes very toasty. Will need to do a few more trips to verify this.

Great service from the guys at DK, part arrived in 2 weeks vs 2 months it takes for Harley dealer to get parts here.

Discovered a Transmission leak turned out it was the Shifter shaft seal, been leaking a long time the Mechanic said it only had a 1/2 Qt. in it & holds a Qt. I bought this 2015 Free Wheeler in July (2019) with 3,400 miles on it now has 6,200, what bummer.

Now Transmission is louder whine had them to recheck the chain adjustment said it was normal But, it's louder & has a vibration on normal take off speed in each gear you can feel it just before you change gear, at hiway speed you can start to feel it at about 75 MPH?

It was really smooth before. He adjusted the linkage can find N better now.

Here in STL, we are in the middle of a blizzard. We got 3-4" of snow & freezing rain overnight & are getting another 5-7" of snow on top of it.

It's a good time for me to be grounded, riding wise.

Hope others are fairing better where you are.:)

Here in STL, we are in the middle of a blizzard. We got 3-4" of snow & freezing rain overnight & are getting another 5-7" of snow on top of it.

It's a good time for me to be grounded, riding wise.

Hope others are fairing better where you are.:)

I really hate that 4 letter word SNOW:p

Reactions: MDO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png