What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

That ugly line between the rear fender and the body

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20231019_143133.jpg
    IMG_20231019_143133.jpg
    969.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20231019_143123.jpg
    IMG_20231019_143123.jpg
    960 KB · Views: 22
Greetings Ladies and Gents ...

So I wanted to add something to the Luggage Rack mounted on my FW trunk. Something for "show". I looked at the HD offerings and several aftermarket pieces as well and they all looked like luggage (duh) but that's not the look I wanted. I was kinda looking for that throw back 50's style case with the straps on it that looked like it was mounted to the trunk of a 50's Porsche. I found this wooden box and the size was perfect. I sent it to my brother Jon in Ft Lauderdale with some rough ideas on what I wanted (he's a leather guy) He did this ... it's on the way to me and I'm super excited. I think it came out really awesome and I'll post pics when I put it on ... your input is always appreciated :)

IMG_8326.jpg IMG_8327.jpg IMG_8608.jpg IMG_8609.jpeg

Been experimenting with grip guards on my Free. Temps are dipping below 60 and I want to see if I can keep my fingers from going numb at highway speeds. So far there seems to be some merit to them. I can fell nothing but dead air at my hands and fingers haven't been uncomfortable in the least. Temps are dropping into the mid 50's tomorrow so hoping to try a half hour run to lunch an see how they work out. They're not too noticeable and are easily removed for summer, but for now I tentatively like them.

Grip Guards-b.jpg Grip Guards-c.jpg Grip Guards-a.jpg

Been experimenting with grip guards on my Free. Temps are dipping below 60 and I want to see if I can keep my fingers from going numb at highway speeds. So far there seems to be some merit to them. I can fell nothing but dead air at my hands and fingers haven't been uncomfortable in the least. Temps are dropping into the mid 50's tomorrow so hoping to try a half hour run to lunch an see how they work out. They're not too noticeable and are easily removed for summer, but for now I tentatively like them.

View attachment 115293 View attachment 115294 View attachment 115295

Those guards don’t look bad at all. I guess I thought that a fairing would take care of the wind on your hands, but then again, I never had a bike with a fairing. Keep us posted. If they help to keep your hands thawed, I would be interested. BTW, where did you get them?

Those guards don’t look bad at all. I guess I thought that a fairing would take care of the wind on your hands, but then again, I never had a bike with a fairing. Keep us posted. If they help to keep your hands thawed, I would be interested. BTW, where did you get them?

Thanks. If my bars were 10" and not the factory 12" that fairing would be perfect for all weather, but they're not. Looked into replacing the handlebars last year with some 10" bars I found, but the whole project would have been close to $1000. For the most part the bar height is a non-issue until I get into low 60's and below. Then I start to notice it. I got the wind guards off Amazon for about $25. More in my price range for an experiment.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TLZ3HMV?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Good job JT, amazing how there are not many listings for Freewheeler parts, yet we keep on using our best judgement and fitment :clapping:

I stole your idea, John. They are much more noticeable on mine, but if they do their job, I’m okay with the looks. Reasonable price and like you said, easy to remove. The weather has not cooperated for a test ride. Maybe next week.

Attachments

• IMG_2157.jpeg
    IMG_2157.jpeg
    499 KB · Views: 23

I got the ones from AdvanBlack on my Tri. They have rubber inserts that I can remove in the summer to actually direct air over my hands. I reinstall them for the winter and it keeps the wind off. It also makes my heated gloves work more efficiently. They are color matched as well.

https://www.advanblack.com/unpainted-hand-guard-for-harley-touring-softails-1.html

This is by far my favorite time of year ... we relocated here (Myrtle Beach SC) 5 years ago from a lifetime in Ft Lauderdale where we had 1 season all year long (summer). I have ridden 80 to 90+ degrees just about all my life. What a pleasure to break out the long sleeves, the vests and hoodies, the gloves and jackets. The crisp cool air is very invigorating and I love it. We are having 50's in the morning and low 70's in the afternoon. We actually have 4 great seasons here. Took the bike to the beach yesterday for lunch and it was crisp & spotless outside. Ya know who else loves riding in the cold ... My Freewheeler ... and whatever you guys are riding as well.

We managed a balmy 64° and cloudy in NJ. Still did my usual 40 mile run to lunch and back. A bit nippy yesterday at 55°, but my new gear and mods seem to be working well.

Thinking about putting the hand deflectors on like you have, I read one review about them not staying tight

How is this setup working for you? The miles you ride I would tend to believe your review;)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png