What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

Yes.... I was out in the same weather...

Bad for my fenders as they are in the raw.... But I wanted to test drive the clearance before paint.

No issues with rubbing.... probably significant issues with surface oxidation by tomorrow with the drizzle....

I like cool weather rides though....

GPS

Installed a 5" GPS/NAV unit from FOD SPORTS and found after wiring unit to a ign. accessory/on wire,the unit which has a internal battery would not power down with its on/off switch. Now,have to go through e-bays return policy to get another or a refund.Since I already have the trike wired for unit,I will probably opt for another GPS unit from seller which will be another 2 week wait.:(

Yes.... I was out in the same weather...

Bad for my fenders as they are in the raw.... But I wanted to test drive the clearance before paint.

No issues with rubbing.... probably significant issues with surface oxidation by tomorrow with the drizzle....

I like cool weather rides though....

I do to. I could handle the cool temps, but that cold drizzle was not fun!

Winterizing

First 1" snowfall this morning. Clean and check tightness of battery terminals (have heated clothing wiring attached), applied battery anti corrosive. Topped off fuel after adding sta bil. Heart rendering, but winter in North East a fact of life. 28° - 30mph wind gusts

Today, before the snow started, I put the battery tender on, covered it up with my Goodwill king sheet & tucked her in till Friday. :cool:

Mine is more like "The Night Before Christmas" ....

"I took off my helmet, My Jacket unsnapped

And my trike settled into a long Winter's nap...."

Stripped it down and sent parts to paint

Found out today the paint wont be finished until January....

Reactions: MDO
Nothing today, but I'm thinking about it.:)

33° here in STL today, but 53 on Wednesday, so I will be doing a pre-ride check in preparation for my Thanksgiving day ride to my youngest sons house for the family thing. It was 55 & sunny last year also, so we are lucky.

Nothing today, but I'm thinking about it.:)

33° here in STL today, but 53 on Wednesday, so I will be doing a pre-ride check in preparation for my Thanksgiving day ride to my youngest sons house for the family thing. It was 55 & sunny last year also, so we are lucky.

Calling for Sunny and 57 so you may have another good'n

I can't wait. I may try to get a ride in Saturday too.:Dorag:

If you are out and about on Sunday, swing by Doc's after ~10:30. I am working on my trike with a tech (I know the store is closed, but we can work without interruption during their downtime). Fitting up the new front end and bars and laying out final hardpoints for plumbing, wire harness etc. for the machinist to put the final touches on the trees. Here they are BTW

Trees C.jpg

I got a great ride in Thursday. The after recall operation of the clutch is improved, as far as clutch pull effort needed.

We are having rain all afternoon & evening, with a beautiful day forcast for Saturday, with sun and 64°.

Another ride is in order. The next 10 days after that are not great, weather wise.

If you are out and about on Sunday, swing by Doc's after ~10:30. I am working on my trike with a tech (I know the store is closed, but we can work without interruption during their downtime). Fitting up the new front end and bars and laying out final hardpoints for plumbing, wire harness etc. for the machinist to put the final touches on the trees.

The store is open on Sunday, but the service dept. is closed. I can't make it Sunday, I am riding tomorrow.

I got a great 125 mile ride in today in 64° sunny St. Louis. I rode with my oldest son, who has a 2015 Road Glide Special with every accessory in the catalog & a 120 cu. in. beast of a motor.

The worm is turning here, weather wise. We have rain snow mix on the way for tomorrow evening & we are in the 30's for awhile. I'm putting my baby to bed for a few days.

It has been below freezing here in STL the last few days, but they are talking 64° Saturday after early rain. I will be uncovering my baby & riding, hopefully in the afternoon. :cool:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png