What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

After watching several videos on "fix my hog" they advised checking clutch and brake control units if newer bars installed . I had high bars installed on 15 fw in march. I checked using inch lb torque wrench and factory specs from manual . Maybe due to stress flex but all torx screws were almost 1/4 to 1/2 turn loose.

I too have had that experience after about 200mi on the new trike. The clutch side became loose enough that the whole assembly fell and turned as I was riding down the highway.... that is when I wished torx were slotted screws :laugh:

After a high "pucker-factor" ride back to the house I kissed the threads with a little blue locktite and torqued them up. No problem since

It was 60° & sunny here in STL. I got a very nice 125 mile ride in & my FW is running great!:Dorag:

1 item of note, when I got home & was emptying the trunk, I noticed the latch seemed loose. Grabbed my light & looked & 1 of the screws was missing & was laying in the bottom of the trunk.

I cleaned the threads, loctited them & re-installed. I then pulled the other side & did the same. Just something we have to keep an eye on.

Just for grins I ran a scan on my Freewheeler

No check engine light, tho the oil switch code showed up again

Think I will look at a non HD replacement

Is that the code I posted about before? I haven't got it in awhile. I never got a "check engine" light with it.

Let us know if you find an aftermarket replacement.

I'm down to 6 months on my warranty. I am having a reoccurring problem with condensation inside my speedometer & it's so bad I can't see the digital display. I guess I will get a new one.

Is that the code I posted about before? I haven't got it in awhile. I never got a "check engine" light with it.

Let us know if you find an aftermarket replacement.

I'm down to 6 months on my warranty. I am having a reoccurring problem with condensation inside my speedometer & it's so bad I can't see the digital display. I guess I will get a new one.

Yup, same code no check engine light

I am out of primary warranty, but have ESP with no out of pocket co pay

Get your speedo done soon;)

I went out before dark & gave my FW a quick shine with Lucas Speed Wax (a great product).

I hooked up the battery tender & put her to bed under a king size fitted sheet, which works great for covering the trike from the windshield to the trunk. I have another small sheet for the front end.

It went from 60 here to the 30's for the next week and they are predicting 3-5" of snow Friday night into Saturday, so she will get a good nap.:Dorag: Come on spring!

We are actually having winter this year & it sucks.

Snow everywhere, no sun & in the 30's. They are predicting below 0 temps this weekend .:gah:

I will not be riding for awhile.

We are actually having winter this year & it sucks.

Snow everywhere, no sun & in the 30's. They are predicting below 0 temps this weekend .:gah:

I will not be riding for awhile.

That sucks

It has already been a strange winter

Next week here in Jax it is going to be 45 on Monday dropping to 28 Monday night

I will be wearing my Chaps and face mask:p

Reactions: MDO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png