Russell Daylong Seat

It is adjustable. The up and down is similar to Harley but the fore and aft Is by tuning a adjustment knob in and out. Not adjustable on the fly by the cable like a Harley. It is a option for Russell to leave the stock opening for the Harley rest. As I recall it added at least $350 to the price to use the Russell back rest but I’m glad I ordered it. I thought perhaps by retaining the stock hole location but having Russell modify my seating position that the Harley rest wouldn’t adequately support me. I don’t know exactly how much Russell moved the stock position but I requested higher and forward. My other motorcycle is a police Flh with a police seat raised about 2 inches from stock for improved control in low speed cone maneuvers. I also sent them photos of me on that bike as well as the required pictures on the bike seat to be modified. QUOTE=cward59;662050]Is the backrest on yours adjustable like the HD one?[/QUOTE]

If you still have questions call and talk to them. I probably had 2 to 3 conversations before I ordered and several more while still in the production que. Incuding ordering with their backrest , modifying order to keep stock Harley hole position and rest. And then ultimately going back to their rest. They were great during the whole process.

If you still have questions call and talk to them. I probably had 2 to 3 conversations before I ordered and several more while still in the production que. Incuding ordering with their backrest , modifying order to keep stock Harley hole position and rest. And then ultimately going back to their rest. They were great during the whole process.

Is the back rest more comfortable then the HD one?

I think so. Always was moving the Harley one fore and aft as the ride grew longer. Seemed to have to readjust to be comfortable when using Highway pegs. Couple adjustments to Russell back rest on short trial runs and on a 4 hour ride last weekend it was great didn’t feel the need to readjust

Weather and work has kept me off the Tri-Glide for awhile. Nice ride yesterday and once again I've got to say what a huge difference the Russell Daylong makes. If Your considering one I don't think you would be disappointed.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png