2018 RTL versus 2014 RTL

Western Colorado Dealers

Hi, Briar. The CanAm dealer in Grand Junction no longer sells or services Spyders. I’ve done Spyder business with Fremont Motorsports in Florence, CO (west of Pueblo) and had good experiences there.

Jim we are from the Olathe area. Dealers are few and FAR between around here. We will be going to Fremont Motorsports in the near future to get a feel for the atmosphere there.

In my research I found that Fun Center in Durango is not selling Spyders anymore. They mentioned that they will still service them.

We drove up to Vernal, UT a couple weeks ago. Douglas Pass is an interesting little pass, especially in the snow.

=bob=

We ended up purchasing a couple 2018 RTLs. We have only been able to ride once due to weather and the DMV. We purchased from Ridgeline Powersports in Vernal, UT. Don't know anything about the service department yet but the sales department was a good experience. We traded the 2014 RTL as part of the deal. I am getting ready to sell the Triglide, just waiting on the weather to warm up and more purchasers to get the itch to buy.

20190301_133938.jpg 20190301_133824.jpg

Congrats on the trade and purchases!

My wife has a '16 RTL and loves it. I ride a '15 Triglide, and have mused about moving to a Spyder. Due to the way hers sits, I'd probably end up going with a F3L if I did anything due to the cruiser seating. And I would definitely sell the TG before purchasing a Spyder. The Canam dealer near me basically wants me to pay them to take my perfectly good trike.

Yeah, I found that out when I was exploring a trade, those dealers think a lot of their Spyders. As much as I'd like to explore on the Spyder, I thought, "no way". I did demo the RTL, the wife and I loved the ride, the suspension, but could not make the jump for several reasons.

We got another short ride in today. I added Lamonster foot pegs yesterday and they are great. Allows you to get the feet out in front a little. The difference in ride between '14 RTL has Joan singing.:D She also likes the power steering upgrades as well. There is no comparison between the TriGlide and the Spyder. The TriGlide reaction to bumps is felt from the rear axel while the Spyder reaction is felt from the front so is a whole lot better for the back.

Thanks again everyone for the advice.

=bob=

I remember back in the beginning one of your worries was the belt alignment after a tire change. No worries as the wheel can be removed with out disturbing the alignment. See You Tube Video by Bob White.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colorado1975

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colorado1975
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png