BRRRR Did anyone else get snow yet this year?

Yesterday and evening was cold & thunderstorms. Today is colder, rain & windy. We have all of the outside pot plants put up. The first freeze of the season, here, is predicted tonight. No snow though.

Yesterday the snow got within 12 miles of us but temps here didn't get cold enough. Not so this morning. Cold enough but no moisture now. I went south to get away from this junk. Guess I didn't go far enough south. 27º here this morning. I want my 90º temps back.

0CGTfBD.jpg

Looks like we are trying to break records now. Got a ways to go but not by much. Think they said the record is 14º and we are at 20º. That could drop by a few more by sunrise though but not enough to tie or break the record.

ONC8Y1q.jpg

I went south to get away from this junk. Guess I didn't go far enough south.

A friend of mine retired and bought a used Motor Home. He fixed it up and Mounted a pair of snow shoes on the hood. Said he was headed South.

I asked him what the snow shoes were for?

He said, when someone asked him what they were, He'd know he'd gone far enough South.

Never heard from him again .... :Shrug:

Forcast my A$$

Weather Forecasting and Politics are the only 2 jobs where your failures are forgotten or forgiven.

It started Saturday afternoon with a Forecast guesstimate of 2-5" by end of day Sunday.

It just snowed and snowed every time I looked out the door.

Well, they barely missed that because I have 8-9" in my backyard so I am holed up for a day or two.:Shrug:

giphy.gif

We had two days this week that there was no precipitation predicted ... both days I woke to about 2" one day and 3" the next ... I've had the new to me wing over a week ... I've got 12 miles on it ... Of course ... 4 days before I went to pick it up, we had 8-10" ... followed by 0* lows (inversion) ... so my cul-de-sack took until last Saturday to melt enough to get out on the bike ... Alan don't do Ice on two wheels ... I did keep thinking how nice it would of been if Jessica was already triked ...:D

Weather guessers ... ya gotta love em. I don't get excited about anything they say unless the precipitation percentage is above 60% or less than 20%. Seems they are always saying 30-50% ... ya know ... just to improve their odds.

It also depends on location. Here in central FL, 20-30% - Yup, you're gonna get rain. Up in central Indyanner, it's gotta be 50% before you worry about getting wet.

I'm also puzzled by the terms of "isolated, scattered, partly cloudy & partly sunny, pleasant, mild, cool, warm, hot, mugly", etc and other descriptive adjectives that are routinely used as to the quantitative differences of said descriptions.

:confused::confused::confused:

It also depends on location. Here in central FL, 20-30% - Yup, you're gonna get rain. Up in central Indyanner, it's gotta be 50% before you worry about getting wet.

I'm also puzzled by the terms of "isolated, scattered, partly cloudy & partly sunny, pleasant, mild, cool, warm, hot, mugly", etc and other descriptive adjectives that are routinely used as to the quantitative differences of said descriptions.

:confused::confused::confused:

Its called being vague when they don't have a clue.....:D..

Here in the banana belt of Colorado ... we've entered a "new phase" ... we get snow showers, melting, rain and then it turns to ice. Very handy for the drivers ... :AGGHH:

One of the dogs I'm watching did her Bambi impersonation this morning when she hit the ice ... all fours straight out .... laying on her belly looking at me as if to say, "Now What"

bambi-on-ice2.png

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png