BRRRR Did anyone else get snow yet this year?

Nov 9, 2018
Shamokin, PA, USA
Woke up and let the furbabes outside only to see big white stuff floating down. Very cold and windy.

Didn't stick around, except in some spots, but awhile my car/porch had quite a bit. My little ones didn't like it but my big girl (MS support dog...errr...baby pyredoodle (Great Pyreneese/Standard Poodle)) absolutely LOVES snow.

Got a little mixed in with rain yesterday morning......Nothing earth shattering..Not like a few years ago when we had a heavy early snow and the leaves were still on the trees, I lost power for 16 days back then...:xzqxz:....Trees were down all over like Pick'em Up Sticks..:gah:

It's beginning to look like we'll have another winter like 2009. That was a rough year here and everyone still talks about the blizzard of 09. Some folks never saw that amount of snow in their lives here. I on the other hand went out and played in it with both my tractor and pickup making donuts everywhere. Others were just running into each other. If you don't know how to drive in the stuff then why the heck do they try is all I want to know. Pure idiots. Although I'm sure they all thought I was the idiot.:D:D:D It's fun trying to make donuts in 4 wheel drive.:laugh::laugh::laugh: Did that with both vehicles.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Time to bring up my snow skies from the basement, put away my Honda for it's winter hibernation period,

Let the fun begin! :clapping::clapping:

Yepp Pee !

Think snow!

Ronnie

PS: I know that this is not the best way, to make friends around here! (sorry :blush::blush::blush:)

We started getting some snow Thursday evening with temps in the high 20's. Friday we got snow off and on with high winds and there were white caps on the lake as i watched through the day. Saturday morning we woke up to 8 degrees and the lake frozen over. By the end of the day we got another 2" of snow. This morning the lake has a light white cover it. Now the ice fishing guys will be coming out and testing the ice daily until they can walk out with a 5 gallon bucket to sit on and catch that first fish of the season.

I live in a suburb of Kansas City. We had 2" at our house. I went to work at my Home Depot at 5:45am yesterday and my car said 9°!

We have also had a freak 1/2 a tree. He was trying to use a hand saw. Hubby to the rescue with his chainsaw.

Then we have had very late storms in March/April and had more snow then than all winter.

I get you with most snow seen. I am from the very tip of southern IL and now in central PA. The first snowfall I had once I was here was 9 inches. THAT was the most that I had seen. I went to work and said it was a blizzard! Everyone laughed and said just wait. I have seen much more than that in the 18 years I've been here.

I sure do not miss the snow and cold:p

It gets cold in Lovington and they claim it does snow here. The weather guesser claims we'll have snow flurries tonight and tomorrow. :xzqxz:

Temps dropped yesterday evening and I gave the heater a try, it did smell as the dust burned off the element and it got nice and toasty.

We are leaving the motorhome and TG in western Alabama next week and driving the car up to the frozen lands (Illinois) to have a early Thanksgiving/Christmas with the family. It has been pretty cold here. Yesterday we rode over to Foley and it was only in the low 60's.

Can't wait to get to SW Florida, I've been in long britches for almost a week now.

Rode 60 miles yesterday in wonderful temps - 66* and bright sunshine..not much wind.

Today its 38*, wind gusting to 33, Wind chill 25*....plus a few small snow flurries.

Expecting our first freeze tonight... 26*.

Yep... the season change has happened.....bummer.

The weather guesser was correct, it is snowing lightly in Lovington. Looked out my kitchen window while washing dishes and down came the snow flurries. :clap: I'm retired and inside with nowhere to go and so I say, "Bring it on!". :yahoo:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png