DirectTV Saluting Vets Or Not?

ISP-FL

600+ Posts
Mar 16, 2017
Lake Suzy, FL USA
Two years ago I stopped watching the NFL. I had followed the Bears since 1970 and rarely missed a televised game except for my time in the military. There was no way I was going to sit in my living room and watch young spoiled American football players disrespect the flag.

The rules changed, and what is televised has changed.

Yesterday we received an email from DirectTV informing us that for one day only (Veterans Day - Sunday) we would be getting the NFL ticket on our package to celebrate Veterans Day.

I have watched one game this year just to see if there is any evidence of disrespecting our nation or the flag. I did not see anything.

Is DirectTV doing this to really honor and celebrate Veterans Day? Or after Kap and his idiot buddies started taking a knee did they also start losing tons of money because no one would buy their expensive football packages?

My heart wants to believe it is all about Veterans Day and this is just an example of another big business stepping up. But my gut tells me it is all about money.

Anyway, happy Veterans Day to all my Brothers and Sisters out there. Have a good day and stay safe no matter how you decide to spend it.

Stick with your gut , Joe.

There is no big corporate loyalty any more, nor was there ever any. Our handshake generation is dead ! Mom and pop businesses are getting extinct, as their sharing expenses with the government that takes what little profit they make. We are letting third world countries take over us. Just look at the fuel station, convenient store ownership here in America for example. The evil is out there to take what ever they can from us, any way they can.

Remember, thers no sutch thing as a free lunch !

Thanks for your service , Joe, as I fear for my younger family’s future on this planet.

I hear ya Frank. Out of our 14 grandkids 11 are grandsons. I have literaly carried a gun since I was 17 years old. From 17 to 20 in the Army, then 34 years as a LEO. Got banged up a little over the years but nothing serious.

Now the shoe is on the other foot. Out of all my grandsons, I know there will be some of them that will end up in harms way. It scares me more than anything I have ever faced.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png