Howdy from San Angelo TEXAS

Nov 16, 2018
San Angelo, TX, USA
Hello out there, this is my first posting as a new member and first time trike rider too, "I'm finding things are way different on a Trike".:confused:

5bab0ebd0eec3a691d477cb7.jpg My last bike was more than 10 years ago, was just surfing the web in Oct. of this year and came across this beauty (love at first sight).

Especially odd since 1. I had never ridden a trike, and 2. this one was in Wisconsin and I was in Texas.

Anyway I purchased the bike from a dealer there and had it delivered here, I have to say that actually my new trike intimidates me a little.

My last bike was a 750 Yamaha Seca, and this is an 1800, then you add in the completely different riding style.

I have read almost every article I could find to try an learn from: Don't put your feet down, Don't counter steer, Use a push and pull technique, and so on.

But I don't remember seeing anywhere where that, when your in a turn, the trikes momentum try's to slide you off the seat.

I have also been working on a buffeting issue, I've tilled the batwing fairing up as I can (see I'm 6 foot tall, with a long upper body "trunk").

Still getting some buffeting up from around the tank area, I'm working on some lowers to attach to the front forks, that I have read should fix it though.

So much new stuff to learn, from the trike kit (American Trike), it has 4 chrome coil over shock under there along with a Wilwood disk brake, but no parking brake.

To this big VTX 1800, tons of power: I found a box plastic box module about 4x4x1" "no labels on it"(nothing on the circuit card inside ether) it has 2 groups of wires that it's plugged into and a couple of micro-switches on it as well, I believe its for fuel management.

All in all I love the trike, just got to learn how to ride all over again.

Anyway thanks for having me and giving me a read.

David Hilton Retired US Navy ETC/SS (Electronic Technician Chief/ Submarines)

Welcome to the Gang from Western Colorado. Thanks for your service from a retired Navy chief MM ... Nuc :D

PS ... there's a gal on here from Midland that rides a gold wing trike ... she'll be along to welcome you aboard as well ... She'll fill you in on the Kerrville "gathering" every year.

Welcome to Trike Talk David! That is an awesome looking ride you got there! You came to the right place to learn about trikes. Lots of experience on here so just ask away.

Thank you for your service!

Hey David! Well, here’s that gal from Midland! Welcome to TrikeTalk and congrats on your new-to-you ride!

There’s a “fix” to that throwing you off in curves thing.... if you are turning to the left, press your right foot down firmly on the right footboard or peg - whichever is on your trike. And then same technique turning to the right. It’s always the opposite foot from the direction you are turning toward.

San Angelo is a lunch ride from Midland. Hopefully we can meet up with you one day... even Sterling City has a DQ which is about half-way.

And yes... there is a meet and greet held in October at Kerrville. This year I think the count was 19 trikes and a bike. Just ride, eat, and kick tires. Lots of fun and great folks.

I know of a couple of trikers at San Angelo. Interestingly enough one of them is from Wisconsin originally, is retired Air Force, and rides a red/black Roadsmith Gold Wing. He is quite knowledgeable about trikes. I’m sure you will meet up with him. Be safe out there!

If you would like to contact me just ask Fuzzywuzhe, the moderator who posted here immediately after your #1 post, to give you my info.

David, welcome to Trike Talk and the world of 3 from San Antonio. Thanks for your service to our wonderful country. I hope to meet you in Kerrville next October. Ride safe, have fun and post often.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png