Corvair powered 3 legged Iron Horse .... Front mounted if possiblie

Try looking up yamaha enduros. I think the 3r6 was a dirt bike from the early 80s.

Ok thanks that serial number part could be off another frame or bike the tank has a chrome knight swoosh …. that reads 1300 …. I found the tank, on eBay …. Honda Shadow VTX 1300 ….. Now to find how bad my frame is ….. whole thing was $100 …. so I'm sure I got My money's worth ….

there is nothing wrong w a wire weld

but a lot of them are not even piss poor ... some cant even be called welds... pic 99 for example

no trying to dis any one but these should be TOTALLY ground out an redone.. not just cleaned up to look pretty... you need to be safe some like below neck might be plated over to tie it all together and be safe

lets be safe out there

I believe they are a stick job because of all the splatter on unwielded parts, Gussets and re-enforcement plates are defiantly in the works ….. The guy that did this should have His license revoked …. The reason I can't proceed is I have a new Lincoln wire welder ….. I just don't want to weld standing in water ….. Poor bikers have poor ways …. Outdoors is My workshop …. I can see a pretty piece of Diamond plate on both sides of the neck area …..

I believe they are a stick job because of all the splatter on unwielded parts, Gussets and re-enforcement plates are defiantly in the works ….. The guy that did this should have His license revoked …. The reason I can't proceed is I have a new Lincoln wire welder ….. I just don't want to weld standing in water ….. Poor bikers have poor ways …. Outdoors is My workshop …. I can see a pretty piece of Diamond plate on both sides of the neck area …..

good plan :)

i would imagine he had no license!

been welding for over 40 yrs own business over 30 got a cert to do bridge work let it pass... never did any... no other licenses... got to be doing something right mostly repeat customers :)

Duplicate

good plan :)

i would imagine he had no license!

been welding for over 40 yrs own business over 30 got a cert to do bridge work let it pass... never did any... no other licenses... got to be doing something right mostly repeat customers :)

So, what I did was to grind the 1/4" plate down to a 45 degree angle …. but I in your opinion …. need to completely grind weld off, then weld the bead back …. ??? …. Welding on top of another bead won't work ? the seam on top of large gusset plate looks strong ….

So, what I did was to grind the 1/4" plate down to a 45 degree angle …. but I in your opinion …. need to completely grind weld off, then weld the bead back …. ??? …. Welding on top of another bead won't work ? the seam on top of large gusset plate looks strong ….

mostly # 99 those holes are full of crap wont be good to weld over it w/o grinding down past all the holes

yes you can weld over weld ..

mostly # 99 those holes are full of crap wont be good to weld over it w/o grinding down past all the holes

yes you can weld over weld ..

Yeah, that's a very special area …. It's possible I cut this section off depends on when I can get the Corvair motor out and give a look to see how it will land on the frame …..

Collins Corvair trike

I have a Collins built Corvair trike that I bought in 2012. It now has a '65 110HP engine. I had the engine, trans (powerglide) and differential rebuilt. New Rochester carbs, one wire alternator, Pertronix ignition. I ripped out all the wiring and ran new color coded wires with a fuse block all in 2017. Still cheaper than some new trikes. I've done 3,000 miles, all local, since the end of April when I sprung it out of the shed. This never had a fuel gauge, the guy I bought it from suggested topping it off every hundred miles. Does anyone have any information on this trike build? Gas tank size? I use 1st gear only up to 20 MPH, second gear for all the rest. It does wheelie pretty easily.August 2018.jpgSAM_2226.jpg

I have a Collins built Corvair trike that I bought in 2012. It now has a '65 110HP engine. I had the engine, trans (powerglide) and differential rebuilt. New Rochester carbs, one wire alternator, Pertronix ignition. I ripped out all the wiring and ran new color coded wires with a fuse block all in 2017. Still cheaper than some new trikes. I've done 3,000 miles, all local, since the end of April when I sprung it out of the shed. This never had a fuel gauge, the guy I bought it from suggested topping it off every hundred miles. Does anyone have any information on this trike build? Gas tank size? I use 1st gear only up to 20 MPH, second gear for all the rest. It does wheelie pretty easily.View attachment 75350View attachment 75352

nice ride u have

i would suggest make a new thread for a post unrelated to the original one

for the tank.. take a gallon of gas with you, ride till you are out of gas, put in the gallon, go filler up.

then put some more miles on and figure the gas mileage then you have an idea how far you can go before you have to fill up

course you could drain the tank at home but loose the ride :)

if you can wheelie that easy. you are pretty light in the front, which makes me think the front end might want to slide some on a "spirited" ride.. while wheelies can be cool id suggest getting enough weight on the front to keep the front end on the ground before you hurt yourself or someone else

not far from my hometown hollis center

respects

stace

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png