2018 pre owned $3000 less than new one.

Dec 6, 2018
palm coast
IMG_1124.jpgThis is the bottom of oil pan on pre owned 2018 Freewheeler I was sold with 400 miles on it. Got it home and found oil on garage floor.Someone caulked a Fla. license plate to plug up hole !!! Engine oil a qt. low and trany was bone dry ! Took it back to dealer and threatened to call Atty. Gen and also my credit card co. to take back $ 5000 payment. I got a brand new black bike for $ 3000 more.

Wow that is horrible. Even giving the dealer the benefit of a doubt that he wasn't trying to scam you it still speaks negative volumes that they obviously did absolutely no inspection else they would have noted these deficiencies. And whomever the dealer got the trike from sure pulled a fast one on them. I'd be very, very concerned about having this dealer do anything at all to that new Freewheeler.

Good luck with it and enjoy.

WOW, I would be talking to the MOCO about this dealer

Some one dropped the ball big time on this one

That Trike should have been PDI inspected before you bought it, there is NO excuse for this IMO

Can you name the dealer?

Reactions: MDO
Definitely call MoCo .... they need to know this dealer is doing or not doing this .... I don't know they will do anything about it ... but ... the need to be told. I have a feeling that deal has a rep of theses type things.

Most dealers do an oil change minimum before reselling a bike/trike. That should of been noticed.

My bigger question would be how did a hole in the oil pan that big happen???? :Shrug:

Definitely call MoCo .... they need to know this dealer is doing or not doing this .... I don't know they will do anything about it ... but ... the need to be told. I have a feeling that deal has a rep of theses type things.

Most dealers do an oil change minimum before reselling a bike/trike. That should of been noticed.

My bigger question would be how did a hole in the oil pan that big happen???? :Shrug:

It appears to me that the person who did the repair folded the license plate in half, bent it back and forth until it broke. Anyone who would do that to a trike surely is not going to spend the money to buy a tin snip. They probably tried to use duct tape, but it wouldn't stick. :confused:

WOW, I would be talking to the MOCO about this dealer

Some one dropped the ball big time on this one

That Trike should have been PDI inspected before you bought it, there is NO excuse for this IMO

Can you name the dealer?

I'm in Palm Coast Fl. It's the closest dealer without mentioning dealership's name.

I'm in Palm Coast Fl. It's the closest dealer without mentioning dealership's name.

That's easy enough to figure out the Dealer. Sounds as if the sales dept. flipped the trade in without the bike going through service.If it did go to service for prep qnd inspection,the tech needs to find other employment, but I think I will stick to the sales flipping the bike without service knowing this dealer.

Id love to hear the story how that oil pan got its hole.Even more what thought process the dink used for the patch job.Id bet insurance would have covered the damage.A new oil pan or someone that could weld would be my soulution.Trading the trike in seems rather extreme.But then again I learned long ago never try to figure out these waterheads runnin loose.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png