New member, old Trike

Dec 26, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hey everyone.

For Christmas, my father-in-law gave me his custom built trike. He had an accident on it a few years ago and has not been able (or willing) to ride it since. It has been sitting in a barn ever since it was repaired. He decided since he couldn't ride it, he would give it tom someone who loved it as much as he did. So now I am the proud owner.

A little about the beast (from what I know of it)

1600 dual port VW engine
1961 torsion and transmission
1965 Harley frame
1965 Denver Chopper springer
1985 Fat bob 5 gal tanks

The trike is considered a rat trike. I'll see if I can post a couple pics.

Look forward to meeting everyone and learning about my new toy!

Welcome to the board,, that was nice of ur father-n-law to give U the trike.. He must feel it has a good home how.... Thanks for posting the pictures, we love pictures on here. Keep us informed on how things are going..
Ride safe and enjoy the new toy.....

You must be a terrific son-in-law!!!! Congratulations on your "new" baby. I have a feeling you will be riding it a lot when the weather warms a bit. Welcome to TrikeTalk!

Good for you. Great that you will get to keep it in the Family and keep it going. Nice Christmas gift for sure. All the best with it and ride safe.

superfox1,
Welcome to Trike Talk. We have all types of trikes owned by our members.
Think about joining Trike Owners International "TOI". You can do it on this web site and it is totally FREE. :yes: :pepper:

:wave4: Welcome to Trike Talk superfox1. You are very fortunate to have been given this trike. Ride far, ride safe and ride often!

Hey everyone.

For Christmas, my father-in-law gave me his custom built trike. He had an accident on it a few years ago and has not been able (or willing) to ride it since. It has been sitting in a barn ever since it was repaired. He decided since he couldn't ride it, he would give it tom someone who loved it as much as he did. So now I am the proud owner.

A little about the beast (from what I know of it)

1600 dual port VW engine
1961 torsion and transmission
1965 Harley frame
1965 Denver Chopper springer
1985 Fat bob 5 gal tanks

The trike is considered a rat trike. I'll see if I can post a couple pics.

Look forward to meeting everyone and learning about my new toy!

Welcome aboard. Glad you joined us. You will love the trike. Nice father-in-law.

Thanks for the warm welcome. The trike sat in a garage for about 3 years. Everything runs great and it looks good. My wife agreed to the trike as long as I put a wheelie bar on the back. I have loved this trike from the time he started building it and have been the one taking care of it, so I will happily put it on there.

I am glad I have a place to ask questions and get advice from. I have already learned a lot about it since I have joined from reading and searching.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fredmarkley5050#gmail.com

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fredmarkley5050#gmail.com
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png