Just Curious, What color and size windshield you have on your TG?

I have used Freedom Shields on both my two-wheelers and trikes for quite a few years and would highly recommend them. The plastic they use is much thicker than most others I have seen and the recurve at the top allows you to get a shorter height and still not get buffeting from air flow over the top.

They have a new model out now that I think is incredible. The windshield is wider and sticks out over the fairing on the sides. I've found this really helps stop the air that normally flows around the windshield and it keeps more wind off your hands if you ride in cold weather. I don't work for Freedom Shields or anything like that. They are local to where I live and love their products.

Here's a picture that shows part of the windshield and how it is wider and goes over the fairing. If you consider how far that bottom piece sticks out, you can imagine how much more windshield area is in front of you, blocking the air.

View attachment 64914

That is a very interesting windshield. I think I would like that in the really cold weather! Especially with my taller bars that put my hands above the fairing.

Thanks for posting that! :)

Kevin

Seems the general theme is about 12" for riding 2 up. I also did not like the tinted shield at night, found it was to hard to see out of. I'm hoping with the clear I can stay out later before I have to start heading back home, more riding time is always good.

As a side note: I also enjoy breaking the bulbs, makes me feel like a rebel. :Dorag:

I had a 11" light tint. freedom on my ultra and moved it to the Triglide. It wasn't the same for her... Went with a dark tint 13" keeps her happy.... I should really stay dry in the rain now :clapping: The tint doesn't bother us. We don't ride in the dark because of the deer. The only time ride when its dark now is if were in the hills to late during Sturgis. The bike has a lot better lights than the ultra did, so it still shouldn't bother..... I can always look over some. :cxtv:

Seems the general theme is about 12" for riding 2 up. I also did not like the tinted shield at night, found it was to hard to see out of. I'm hoping with the clear I can stay out later before I have to start heading back home, more riding time is always good.

As a side note: I also enjoy breaking the bulbs, makes me feel like a rebel. :Dorag:
Just a note our cold weather is 9" and the warm weather used 90% of time is 7" for more air in summer humid weather the flat top keeps the side wind buffet to a minium just sayin... Merry Christmas Fred/Jeanne

Some other things that affect how well each of our chosen windshield height performs are:

• Rider height.

• Passenger height.

• Height change for any non-stock seat mounted.

So, once you select a manufacturer, make sure you take good measurements to get the height needed for you and your passenger, on the actual seat you'll be using. I've been demoing seats for over a month, and have experienced increased buffeting and bug strikes to face shield due to a rise in seat height for some demo models.

We found out she sits different on the trike than the Ultra. The 11" was great for her on the Ultra, she gets blown all over the place with it on the trike thats why I went two inches taller. It looked the same to me on the front. But she sits a lot higher. Also I had to move the tour pack forward. She was far enough back. could have put a small cooler between us. Moved it to the front holes and shes still farther away than on the Ultra. She says she looks over me now. before she looked into the back of my head.... Maybe thats how she always knew what I was thinking....:xzqxz:

Thanks for the responses guys. I should add that I ride with a half helmet and after close to a hundred miles my ears are whistling dixie due to the wind. I know switching helmets would help but the one I use has sentimental value and I really would like to stick with it if I can.

IMG_1349 (396x800).jpg

I have a lightly smoked windshield from Fast Aire.com, $38.00 at my door in 3 days. I put one of these on an earlier bike and had the same great service and price.

PC

Shields

The Freedom Shields are 30% thicker then the stock shields. Are there any issues with any gaps on the side that might let water in? I heard the Freedom Shields are clear even at the top where the curve is? That sounds great to me but I was concern if there any gaps on the side.

Jerry

Ear plugs will work great and you won't be deaf when you get older - - like me. :) Sure wish I used ear plugs when I was younger. Use them religiously now.

Thanks for the responses guys. I should add that I ride with a half helmet and after close to a hundred miles my ears are whistling dixie due to the wind. I know switching helmets would help but the one I use has sentimental value and I really would like to stick with it if I can.

View attachment 65152

Optional wind screen

I have an 8 inch windvest recurve on my 2016 as well as my old 2010. I’m 6 ft tall and my wife is 5-7, this size has worked great for both of us over the course of 35000 miles. The recurves are amazing. Can just see over the top of the dark smoked shield.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png