Road Zeppelin Seat for Triglide

Rmitchell55

850+ Posts
Dec 6, 2012
Santee
Does anyone have good directions for installing the power cords for the seat? The directions that came with the seat nor the directions that came with the wiring adapter are worth a damn. They sure aren't made for the backyard mechanic. Pictures are worth a whole bunch of words.

Thanks

Last edited:
17 and up is harder!

Wish I could help you with this but my TGU is a 2016 and was a lot easier to install than the 2017 and up. I am adding a link to a YouTube video that will probably help you a good bit. I never realized the new models were this complicated just to hook up an accessory power kit. The only thing I might add to the video is to not worry about the three wires with the heat shrink on them at this time...unless you are going to add more than just one accessory. If the Zeppelin seat is all your doing, it should just plug into the other end of the 69201599 (might have an A if updated) connector. It really is a pain to have to fool with getting to the battery and adding the one wire to the aux connector on the 17's and 18's. On the 14-16 models it is all plug and play. I hope this video helps you and I feel like somebody will chime in here if I have got something wrong. This video is on a 2018 Road King Special, but it should (I think) be the same for your trike for this particular adapter cable. BTW, the lighting in this video is a little dark at times. Also, after you get this done if you need to add another accessory that uses the same power connector, you can add either PN 70264-94A or 69201706 and have the ability to hook up 2 accessories. Not sure which one of those you would actually use, the P&A catalog shows both of them but it appears one is for the "Cool Flow" fan with another accessory. Good luck.

I just plugged the extension cable to the plug under the left side cover and brought the other end under the seat then plugged the seat into that. 2014 TG On my older bikes I bought the duplex extension because I also had other accessories that needed the plug.

Adding an Electrical Connector Harness to a 14-16 Rushmore Models Electrical Accessory Connector behind the left panel was basically Plug and Play as mentioned.

Makes me wonder what benefits, if any, do owners of later models receive from the changes that require a bit more involved procedures? Not a real difficult task, but one that will cause some to shy away from a diy installation. So there's definate benefits to dealerships for service department installs.

I just put one on my 17 the wiring went under the right side cover down next to the reverse breaker plug and play no wires to the battery or any thing like that

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png