Passing Lamps for Freewheeler

Apr 20, 2011
Ardsley , N.Y.
Hello All

Well I did it...got the last 2018 Red Freewheeler at my dealer...

gonna be hard to sleep tonight.

I really want a passing lamp / turn signal bracket assembly

but I don't see it listed on the accessories pages.

Some have used Road King set ups but Not sure my dealer can

or will do this.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Dante

HOG Life member

Last edited:
I used a RK light bar and aftermarket passing lamps with LED's.Turn signals stayed in original position.

Attachments

• IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0418.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 697
Oh well...

So I'm back from the dealership and no one there could tell me

if the Road King or the Tri- Glide passing lamp set ups will

work without major modification to the Freewheeler. :blush:

I guess I will put this on the back burner for now...

the hunt continues !

Dante

GTK :may I ask...

I used a RK light bar and aftermarket passing lamps with LED's.Turn signals stayed in original position.

Would you happen to have the part numbers for that Road King light bar assembly?

Did you have to modify the headlight nacelle ?

Sorry to bother you but that looks really nice!

Thanks

Dante,

That's a shame your putting that mod off. Its one of the easiest upgrades to do. HD light bar part #68712-94A fits Freewheeler perfectly. Order a set of passing lamp buckets with LED's off e-bay. Wire passing lamps into headlamp bucket and splice into low beam yellow wire so passing lamps are on with low beam and off with high beam. This is the simpliest way to wire it.I may change mine at a later date utilizing stock factory harness in frt of gas tank (white 3 wire connector on both sides of tank) and run power to a on/off switch and then to h/lamp. Total dollars spent was about 100.00 and a hour or so timewise. If you can't do it yourself,maybe you can enlist help from a friend who has more knowledge.Again,a very simple upgrade and from a safety standpoint,oncoming vehicles can see you.

A Big Thank You

That's a shame your putting that mod off. Its one of the easiest upgrades to do. HD light bar part #68712-94A fits Freewheeler perfectly. Order a set of passing lamp buckets with LED's off e-bay. Wire passing lamps into headlamp bucket and splice into low beam yellow wire so passing lamps are on with low beam and off with high beam. This is the simpliest way to wire it.I may change mine at a later date utilizing stock factory harness in frt of gas tank (white 3 wire connector on both sides of tank) and run power to a on/off switch and then to h/lamp. Total dollars spent was about 100.00 and a hour or so timewise. If you can't do it yourself,maybe you can enlist help from a friend who has more knowledge.Again,a very simple upgrade and from a safety standpoint,oncoming vehicles can see you.

Many Thanks GTK: :clapping:

Full speed ahead!... of course I don't have the trike yet but

going to order the part right now

Regards and Merry Christmas

Dante

Any one set of passing lamp buckets with LED in particular? Thx

Any one set of passing lamp buckets with LED in particular? Thx

When you search on e-bay,put search under Harley Davidson auxiliary lamp buckets and you will bring up buckets with LED's ranging in price about 75.00 per set. I find these LED's to work fine because I am not interested in lamp lumens"how far lamp projects light beam"and more interested in how bright they are so oncoming traffic can see me.These fit the requirements perfect.I have bought these type LED's on last three bikes and never had one fail.Good bang for the buck.

When you search on e-bay,put search under Harley Davidson auxiliary lamp buckets and you will bring up buckets with LED's ranging in price about 75.00 per set. I find these LED's to work fine because I am not interested in lamp lumens"how far lamp projects light beam"and more interested in how bright they are so oncoming traffic can see me.These fit the requirements perfect.I have bought these type LED's on last three bikes and never had one fail.Good bang for the buck.

Thanks

Be carefull here.HD might deny warranty if something frazzles.HD does make lamps for the FW.They are standard on European models.The part numbers are in the parts manual and the dealer can order them.Check with Boardtracker but you'll need the pn(s). NOT cheap!$$$

Oh Yes!

Be carefull here.HD might deny warranty if something frazzles.HD does make lamps for the FW.They are standard on European models.The part numbers are in the parts manual and the dealer can order them.Check with Boardtracker but you'll need the pn(s). NOT cheap!$$$

For sure , any wiring will be done by my dealer , especially with my

extended warranty at stake.

I might be crazy...but I'm not stupid ;)

Dante

Found 2 styles of light bars with different mounting points/ Which one did you use?ThanksLight Bar 1.jpg

Attachments

• Light Bar 2.jpg
    Light Bar 2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 120
DUH, I think I finally understand. The light bar attaches to the same points as the windshield, right? Top light bar pic ?

Now you got it. It fits to the outside of w/shield bracket.If you do not use a w/shield,it still mounts to outside of grommets.Easier to install the light bar with the w/shield off the bike.

Now you got it. It fits to the outside of w/shield bracket.If you do not use a w/shield,it still mounts to outside of grommets.Easier to install the light bar with the w/shield off the bike.

Muchas gracias, mi amigo!

Sometimes it takes me a while.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png