Batwing Fairing and lowers

Sunman

900+ Posts
Apr 6, 2011
Bellville, Texas, USA
I am considering adding a Memphis Shades batwing fairing and Hogworkz lowers to my 2015 Freewheeler. I know some people have these and would like some feedback as to any pros or cons, quality issues on either one, any issues with engine heating from the lowers or handling effects from the fairing or any other issues. Did the fairing have any significant negative effect on gas mileage? Thanks for any comments.

Sunman

I'm using the Advan Black lowers. Good color match for my superior blue Free. Always run the Lov Jugs if it warms up when I have the lowers on. No notice of any extra heat either way. Does push the air over my knees with the lowers on. No issues of handling.

I'm using AdvanBlack lowers on mine.Paint and finish is excellent. Used same type on my 2017 SGS M8 and ran them on throughout the Florida summer.Never noticed any adversed heat from engine.Have not had the FreeWheeler long enough to go through a summer,but it should be the same as a 2 wheeler. Really like the extra storage in lowers for smaller items like phone,wallet,etc. I do like the looks of the aftermarket batwing fairing on the FreeWheeler.

Thanks Gerald and Matt for the replies. I looked on the Advanblack website and they did not list the Freewheeler. Which lowers did you buy? I am thinking the ones for the Roadking? Do you have a p/n?

Sunman

You can use either pre-Rushmore or Rushmore lowers for any of the touring bikes except Road Glide. I preferred the pre-Rushmore style as the vent opens more. Some like the Rushmore style better as it is cleaner looking. The steering stablizer arm makes minor contact with the left lower (top of engine guard) on my 2015 Freewheeler. The install video shows you how to mount a Rushmore lower. The Rushmore lowers mount better than the pre-Rushmore lowers. The paint matching is quite with barely some minor orange peel. I only put mine on in late November and take them off after Daytona Bike Week. Definitely worth the price.

You can use either pre-Rushmore or Rushmore lowers for any of the touring bikes except Road Glide. I preferred the pre-Rushmore style as the vent opens more. Some like the Rushmore style better as it is cleaner looking. The steering stablizer arm makes minor contact with the left lower (top of engine guard) on my 2015 Freewheeler. The install video shows you how to mount a Rushmore lower. The Rushmore lowers mount better than the pre-Rushmore lowers. The paint matching is quite with barely some minor orange peel. I only put mine on in late November and take them off after Daytona Bike Week. Definitely worth the price.

Thanks for the info!

Sunman

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png