Knife Enthusist???

May 14, 2009
Down South
Any knife-nuts lurking about out here?

I have a couple stuck back in my closet and the only reason I bring it up on this forum is they are both Harley Davidson collectibles....I think.

One is a 4-inch Buck skinning knife in a presentation case that was issued as a door prize at a state HOG rally in 2002....I won it. It has to be one-of-a-kind as it has the 2002 HOG rally script and the state labeled on the blade.

I also have a Hubertus automatic knife with the Harley eagle and bar-n-shield logo embedded in the blade. This may not be so rare as I have seen other Hubertus knives with the logo embedded....just not like the one I have.

I am simply "fishing" for anybody with an interest.

I have a bunch of knives hung on the wall. I don't think of myself as a collector. I bought one of those package deals on TV that gives you 32 knives for display. Probably not good knives but it kept my wife from hanging her junk on the wall!!!!!!!

These I have (the automatic and the Buck Vanguard) are not likely worth my getting rid of for the price you can purchase a new one for. I just thought there may be a Harley memorabilia collector that would have a serious interest in the one-of-a-kind Buck. The engraving is not that expensive and I suppose they would laze-in whatever you wanted, but this one just has some HOG (Harley Owners Group) value as being issued one time at a particular HOG rally dated with a specific logo for that particular state. I would not take twice the face value for it and I am by no means destitute....so I will hang onto both of them. I have a drawer full of knives too anyway.

At least....we have had a good knife discussion!

I collect Randall's. I started when I was 18 and have accumulated over 60. I have quite a few Jerry MacDonald Customs and Rick Murr Customs but they are more of users than collectors.

I never go anywhere without my "Rescue Tool". In Law Enforcement a knife is not listed in the "force continuum". Therefore it's a Rescue Tool! It goes on the opposite side from the Compact Glock 45 in the paddle holster and under the .38 snub in the shoulder rig!

Not a knife collector, but carried the standard Buck folder during the '70's.

Met and knew Tai Goo years ago, but haven't seen him for quite some time. His claim to fame was a series of hand-forged art knives a few decades ago, pretty amazing work! He surfaced on the pro circuit again after founding the NeoTribalMetalSmiths...........a true artist and incredible craftsman :wtg:

I collect case and remington some old some new. I have a good collection of case copperlocks around 90 of them. Have some old collector knives some nice others junk. It is fun collecting things for your kids to remember you by.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png