Portable jump starter / power bank

Jul 22, 2018
Lugoff, SC, USA
Looking for a reliable and powerful power bank that I can jump start the bike with as well as power a portable tire inflator, preferably something I can use with the trickle charge wiring already attached to the battery, although I realize that may blow the fuse quickly.

Any suggestions for something that may work ? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for a reliable and powerful power bank that I can jump start the bike with as well as power a portable tire inflator, preferably something I can use with the trickle charge wiring already attached to the battery, although I realize that may blow the fuse quickly.

Any suggestions for something that may work ? :confused:

The jump start power pack's [I have one]....Are made to jump start a vehicle that has a dead battery, and charge a cell phone....They are not made to run tire inflaters...Continuous use items.. ECT..

I just bought the new H-D unit. Dealer just got them in and had them on sale for $97. After I bought it I saw on the web an identical unit (from OEM)for $70. Always wanted one to carry in my car or bike in case of an emergency or if someone needed a jump start.

1000 amps - can charge any item with a USB plug. Flash light and strobe.

One thing about them - they themselves must be kept charged. Putting them in the bike for months and then trying to use them may not work. Don't ask me how I know, lol. Now I pull it out and charge it up every couple months to make sure it's ready when needed.

I got mine a few years back when Costco had them on sale. I've only had to use it a couple times when my car's battery was dead and it worked.

Jump Pack- Harbor Freight and use a super coupon and saves more cash :yahoo:

And you can buy a separate battery operated tire inflator

One thing about them - they themselves must be kept charged. Putting them in the bike for months and then trying to use them may not work. Don't ask me how I know, lol. Now I pull it out and charge it up every couple months to make sure it's ready when needed.

I charge mine at the same time I charge my cell phone = once a month.

Jump Pack- Harbor Freight and use a super coupon and saves more cash :yahoo:

And you can buy a separate battery operated tire inflator

I bought a Ryobi tire inflator (best one according to Consumers Reports) a couple months ago for my car because a couple tires lose about 5psi every 2 days and I'm tired of having to bring out the air compressor each time. I've had the tires checked a couple times and cleaned once, but still loose air. Don't have the problem in the summer.

I bought a Ryobi tire inflator (best one according to Consumers Reports) a couple months ago for my car because a couple tires lose about 5psi every 2 days and I'm tired of having to bring out the air compressor each time. I've had the tires checked a couple times and cleaned once, but still loose air. Don't have the problem in the summer.

I have the Ryobi also.....you just set it to the PSI you want, Press the button and its automatic....Its like that Chicken BBQ thats avertized on TV.. Just Set it and forget it.:clapping:...

Which one do you have? Mine isn't automatic.Is yours new or old?

I have the Ryobi...One + inflater/deflater....Digital.....Have it for a least 3 years now, :Shrug:...I bought the whole Ryobi tool set....When the Craftsman batteries on the my craftsman tool set finally gave up the ghost [4 batteries]....The Ryobi was on sale at Home-depot for much less than what just the craftsman batteries would have cost..:Shrug:

I bought mine last November. I didn't see another model that was automatic. Also got it at Home Depot.

It just has a gauge on it....which is not very accurate. :)

I really like how fast it charges up and can fill about 8 tires before needing a recharge.

I put a Velcro band around the trigger so I don't have to stand out in the cold during fill ups. Would loved to have had an automatic shut off. :D

I bought mine last November. I didn't see another model that was automatic. Also got it at Home Depot.

It just has a gauge on it....which is not very accurate. :)

I really like how fast it charges up and can fill about 8 tires before needing a recharge.

I put a Velcro band around the trigger so I don't have to stand out in the cold during fill ups. Would loved to have had an automatic shut off. :D

Its called Ryobi 18 v dual function inflater/deflater....

Really?

I charge mine at the same time I charge my cell phone = once a month.

Hey GARYD, what kind of cell phone do you have that can last a month on one charge? Obviously you don't google much. :D BTW, I bought a Ryobi 18V dual function today at Home Depot for $39.00. This is without a battery or Charger. However I already had a Ryobi drill, charger and 2 4 AMP 18V batteries. I also ordered one of the NOCO portable Genius Boost Plus 1000A chargers like y'all were describing on Amazon. It appears NOCO makes the one for HD. Thanks to you and Rhino for the information.

You feeling back to normal yet?

Last edited:
Hey GARYD, what kind of cell phone do you have that can last a month on one charge? Obviously you don't google much. :D BTW, I bought a Ryobi 18V dual function today at Home Depot for $39.00. This is without a battery or Charger. However I already had a Ryobi drill, charger and 2 4 AMP 18V batteries. I also ordered one of the NOCO portable Genius Boost Plus 1000 amp chargers like y'all were describing on Amazon. It appears NOCO makes the one for HD. Thanks to you and Rhino for the information.

You feeling back to normal yet?

I have an LG cell - bought it after the accident (prepaid service $125 a year). You are right, I don't google with it and I don't know how to text either. Actually I don't do anything with it. It goes in my tour pac or glove compartment and stays there until recharge. I use the phone at my office or home to make or receive calls. The cell phone is ONLY for EMERGENCIES. I do not use it.

Personally, if I could snap my fingers and make ALL cell phones disappear, I would.

Not back to full recovery, but close. I just can't raise my arm above my head with any kind of weight. I can ride the bike and that is all that matters. Now my hip is starting to give out. I guess at 75 it's all down hill from here. :D Thanks for asking.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png