hand guards

I tried something a few days ago that actually worked quite well. I bought some rain gloves. I tried them over my winter riding gloves that always got too cold to ride but the rain gloves actually kept the wind off well enough to not get cold. A little bulky but since it worked I'll be doing it every time from now on. I figured if the gloves could keep my leather gloves dry, they should keep the wind off as well which is what gets you cold and it worked.

Memphis Shades

I bought a set of black/opaque hand guards from Memphis Shades because my bars put my hands above the faring. They do cut back on the wind that hits your hands (not all) and keep most of the rain off your hands. So far I am happy with them. They are easy to take off if you want to remove them for summer riding. I just leave them on year round.

I bought a set of black/opaque hand guards from Memphis Shades because my bars put my hands above the faring. They do cut back on the wind that hits your hands (not all) and keep most of the rain off your hands. So far I am happy with them. They are easy to take off if you want to remove them for summer riding. I just leave them on year round.

Any Chance you can post a pic of those?

OOPS!

Too Funny...the pic you posted was not visable as I was typing this request....I hit post...and then bam..both with the pic...sorry....jc

Thanks - jc

check ebay, type hand guards for harley. i installed a pair of smoked genric ones for around 20.00, just had to slightly modify the one bracket on my streetglide.

check ebay, type hand guards for harley. i installed a pair of smoked genric ones for around 20.00, just had to slightly modify the one bracket on my streetglide.

Thanks for the reply Chuck. I had forgotten that I also had to modify the one on the clutch side. I grabbed a small grinder and took off about 3/16" on corner of the mounting bracket to clear the reservoir. It took about 2 minutes and works great. Sorry that I forgot that in my first post.

^^^^ +1 and heated grips so inside and outside stay toasty.

Me too. I ride all winter so the cost is well worth it. If you only ride once or twice in cold temps, it may not be cost affective.

If I didn't have this set up, I would go with the Hippo Hands

I don't think rubber gloves over leather gloves will keep your hands warm for very long

Me too. I ride all winter so the cost is well worth it. If you only ride once or twice in cold temps, it may not be cost affective.

If I didn't have this set up, I would go with the Hippo Hands

I don't think rubber gloves over leather gloves will keep your hands warm for very long

I have found that rain gloves over leather gloves will get you down a few more degrees. I was very surprised when I gave a try. They help keep the wind off and it's the wind that gets you from around 40º and down.

You are right about rain gloves over leather gloves to will keep your hands warm -- to a certain extent. I'm referring to temps in the low 30's and lower for 3 to 5 hours. Only heated gloves work in those environments.

For me, even heated gloves leave a lot to be desired. No heated glove will warm the fingerprint area of the finger. I have tried many brands. They all wire the fingers around the sides of the fingers not top to bottom. Even with heated grips my fingers get cold. I have to scrunch my fingers up so that they contact the grips.

According to the mfg's, only a few riders complain about this design. So I have to live with it.

Actually the easiest and best way to solve the "cold hand" issue when riding all winter is to do what I did 12 years ago......move to Florida!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png