Freewheeler damper

Hi all, I installed a engine guard on my Freewheeler and while attacking the steering damper arm I dropped and lost the nylon washer that sets between the damper arm and lock nut. Does anyone know if a regular flat nylon washer is ok to use, or do I have to spend $14 for a Harley washer?:confused::confused:

Hi all, I installed a engine guard on my Freewheeler and while attacking the steering damper arm I dropped and lost the nylon washer that sets between the damper arm and lock nut. Does anyone know if a regular flat nylon washer is ok to use, or do I have to spend $14 for a Harley washer?:confused::confused:

Phil. Welcome to Trike-Talk,,,,:wave4:...Do they really want $14 dollars or is there more to it. :Shrug:...

But anyway i would think any proper size nylon washer would work just fine....:Shrug:

Phil. Welcome to Trike-Talk,,,,:wave4:...Do they really want $14 dollars or is there more to it. :Shrug:...

But anyway i would think any proper size nylon washer would work just fine....:Shrug:

Well i just looked up the price on that washer [#8224] and it is expensive.. I'm thinking its more than just a flat washer....Must be a special fit...:Shrug:..

Welcome to the forum from Western Pennsylvania HD we all know what that really means $$$$ Get a look at one and see if you can replicate it at the hardware store or Auto parts. Just sayin What about warranty Issues if you used an after market. Good luck with the Fix... :shok: travel safe Fred

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png