Howdy from Cajun Country!

Jan 5, 2019
Alexandria
Introducing myself here. I am from Central Louisiana. Built and rode trikes from 83 to 95. Haven't ridden since '95 but am putting another trike together this year. Have no experience with any of the Harley factory trikes and don't really care to for the moment. Have a very good understanding of what works and what doesn't for my style of riding. I am a bit of a hot rod. I fractured my spine in 81 and built my first trike between then and 83. On previous bikes I have always used the old servi-car rear end modified with disc brakes and geared properly to run approximately same RPMs as stock bikes. Took awhile to figure it all out. There were very few people around back then to discuss 3 wheelers with. Certainly not like it is now. I am posting a pic of the last trike I built. My new one will be very similar with a couple of notable exceptions. Mainly, I will be using the DNA rear end on a Kenny Boyce custom FXR frame. Look forward to getting to know some of y'all.

!Trike 3.jpg !Trike2.jpg

This bike was 92 model FXLR with 80 c.i. motor. Turned an honest 13.01 in 1/4 mile and topped out about 110 mph. Servi-Car rear end mated up to a custom swing arm and modified with disc brakes, floating rotors and PM brakes all run from the front master cylinder. The string you see hanging down below the frame behind the primary was a bungee cord I used to strap my forearm crutches on with at the time. I would estimate I easily put 20k per year on this bike. It handled like a dream and would get it off the line just like a 2 wheeler. The only bike made by Harley at the time that was difficult for me to stay with in curves was another FXR coupled with a very good rider.

Attachments

• Trike 3.jpg
    Trike 3.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 173
  • Trike2.jpg
    Trike2.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 176
Thanks guys

Thanks very much for the warm welcome y'all. Love that this site has so much activity. I look forward to sharing all of the things I came to learn the hard way here!

I have already perused some of the threads here. Looks like home to me. :)

Welcome to the forum from Western Pennsylvania. Nice looking and seemingly great running custom Trike great work and with a purpose nice. :good:travel safe Fred

Billy, welcome to Trike Talk from West Virginia.:wave4::wave4:

I agree with the ride and handling of the FXR.

Here is my 94 FXLRC during construction.

my trike 13.JPG

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png