Lighting upgrade - 2016 Slingshot

Jan 8, 2019
Baltimore, MD
Hi there,

As I've noted in my intro post (https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/52421-New-Slingshot-owner?p=641824&posted=1#post641824), I have recently bought a pre-owned 2016 Slingshot. I am not happy with the light quality of the stock headlights. Is that the problem of all Slingshots, or I am lucky to get one that requires headlights to be fixed?

When you look at the lights, they look okay, not faded or something. But when it's dark, they do not provide adequate output. I was wondering, if anyone also faced the same problem and how did you fix this? Better bulbs maybe?

Thanks,

Nick.

There are LED plug ins out there, but sure not familiar with the Sling Shot, hopefully someone will post who has an answer. If no steps up, try the 'other forum'.....

Nick ,I Have a 2018 Slingshot..And i ride at night and in heavy deer country ...And i think the stock head lights are adequate, What with the front of the Sling so low to the ground..Might be that the 2018 lights have been up-graded from the 2016.. But if you are looking down at the lights when standing in front they will look dull because of their shape it is a little deceiving..:Shrug:..

I ride my sling a lot at night also -- what I did do was install 4 halo bright white light rings around each light, I run the halo's only in the daytime and the headlights and halos together at night -- on a side note -- light your sling -- has a set of canadian headlights that are plug and play and at a great price right now ( I have no connection with this company, just been reading the reviews and thinking about adding the 2 additional headlamps -- I have always liked the look of 6 lamps on the front )

I appreciate your replies, folks. I believe i will start with the simpler way, will try just better bulbs first.

I heared PIAA makes good bulbs (I was looking at the plasma series, these ones). I also saw nice stuff offered by Sylvania, they also have a series of brighter bulbs can be just installed instead of the stock bulbs. I guess I will go this way before I go further and start dealing with HIDs or LEDs. By the way, I like the idea about the halos.

One more quick question, folks, while I've got you here. Do you happen to know, if the 2016 Polaris has got a can-bus module? You know, the thing that throws errors when you install LEDs and stuff...

Thanks,

Nick.

Niсk89;642081 said:
I appreciate your replies, folks. I believe i will start with the simpler way, will try just better bulbs first.

I heared PIAA makes good bulbs (I was looking at the plasma series, these ones). I also saw nice stuff offered by Sylvania, they also have a series of brighter bulbs can be just installed instead of the stock bulbs. I guess I will go this way before I go further and start dealing with HIDs or LEDs. By the way, I like the idea about the halos.

One more quick question, folks, while I've got you here. Do you happen to know, if the 2016 Polaris has got a can-bus module? You know, the thing that throws errors when you install LEDs and stuff...

Thanks,

Nick.

Check Tricled they have a lot of lighting stuff for the slingshot. Maybe they could help.

Thanks for the recommendation, sir! This weekend I ordered a set of Sylvania bulbs, zXe, will give them a try.

As for the Tricled, I will check what they've got as well, since there is a lot of stuff I plan working on...

Cheers,

Nick.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png