what are your favorite hotel or motels to stay at on trips

Back in 2010 we did a cross county 5,000+ trip on our Ultra and used all Best Western. The whole trip was 2 lane roads and we were able to find those all along the way. If I remember correctly we used a rewards system with them and about every 6th or 7th night we got free.

In todays market I'm not sure what chain I would try to use.

The HUB in Marble Falls AR. Been there at least a dozen times. Best riding roads you could find. Kind of getting run down, had a restaurant. Catered to all kinds of motorcyclists, and owned by motorcyclists.

Fire pit and you could set out all night if you wanted to, and not bother anyone.

Alas, shut down a few years ago.

I used to stay mostly at Choice Hotel proterties - Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality Inns, Sleep Inn, Econolodge. But I gave up on them several years ago - reason being I could not depend on their quality. Their brands have a pecking order and Comfort Inns and Comfort Suites should be at the top but I've found sometimes these properties were older and newer Econolodges were much better.

So I've pretty much gravitated to the Hilton brand Hampton Inns. Absolutely love that with them you can do a digital check in and even choose your rooms. Many also have a digital key that works with your phone. Then your can check in, get a digital key and not have to go to the desk at all. It sure seems that after a really hard day of riding invariably when I have to go to the registration desk there is either a big line or someone there has a huge problem / issue that takes forever to resolve. Hate it!

Second choice is Holiday Inn Express (HIE). What I like about both Hampton and HIE is that they are for the most part newer properties and in good locations with restaurants nearby.

Next down on my list is Best Western, especially the BW Plus properties. If I can't find one of the aforementioned properties it us usually because the destination is a very small town and then I go local after having checked out ratings, looking at it in Google Earth, etc.

The cheap one! Really, most of the time when we are on the road, the motel is a crash pad for the night and nothing more. We usually arrive late and leave early. Spending a lot on a place to take a bath and catch a few winks does not make a lot of sense. We have had very good luck with Price line Express Deals on the long hauls. We tell them 3 star minimum and they pick the place at a great savings. Not for everyone but it works for us.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png