Likes Likes:  1
Thanks Thanks:  0
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Question re Installation of CB noise suppressors on 2003 Honda GL 1800

  1. #1
    10+ Posts
    User ID
    29395
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL USA
    Posts
    18

    Default Question re Installation of CB noise suppressors on 2003 Honda GL 1800

    I have installed the Honda OEM CB unit. There are three noise suppressors that are required to be installed - 1) on left side behind driver, 2) on right side next to storage pocket and 3) on left side below storage pocket. I found 1 and 2, but I cannot locate No. 3. All are supposed to be white connectors as was 1and 2. I found a connector that is the same style plug-in, but it is grey.

    Does anyone know where the No. 3 connector can be found or if the “grey” connector is the right one.

    thanks for any input.

    Ken

  2. Roadsmith banner
  3. #2
    10+ Posts
    User ID
    29395
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL USA
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kens03red View Post
    I have installed the Honda OEM CB unit. There are three noise suppressors that are required to be installed - 1) on left side behind driver, 2) on right side next to storage pocket and 3) on left side below storage pocket. I found 1 and 2, but I cannot locate No. 3. All are supposed to be white connectors as was 1and 2. I found a connector that is the same style plug-in, but it is grey.

    Does anyone know where the No. 3 connector can be found or if the “grey” connector is the right one.

    thanks for any input.

    Ken
    Sorry, the only connector that I find on left front is “black” but it does fit the noise suppressor connector.

  4. #3
    10+ Posts
    User ID
    29395
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL USA
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kens03red View Post
    Sorry, the only connector that I find on left front is “black” but it does fit the noise suppressor connector.
    Thanks for the response. I traced the No 2 suppressor to the right side fan. I traced that black connector to the left fan and so I installed the No 3 suppressor there. Will see how it works tomorrow.

    Again, thanks for your thoughts.

    Ken

  5. #4
    10+ Posts
    User ID
    29395
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL USA
    Posts
    18

    Default Problem solved

    I purchased and installed the Ground Loop Isolator and problem solved — no more high pitched whine through the auxiliary port. Nice to have a place to go to get the right answers. Thanks for the help.

    Ken

  6. #5
    2000+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    tfdeputydawg's Avatar
    User ID
    2885
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, In.
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    This shows the proper places to install the 3 filters:

    http://goldwing.eurekaboy.com/cb.htm
    Christian Motorcyclist Association #64488
    Patriot Guard
    Volunteer Fire/Rescue/EMT/Captain
    Was a LEO
    Part time Corrections Officer

  7. #6
    10+ Posts
    User ID
    29395
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL USA
    Posts
    18

    Default CB installation

    Quote Originally Posted by tfdeputydawg View Post
    This shows the proper places to install the 3 filters:

    http://goldwing.eurekaboy.com/cb.htm
    Thanks for the information. My installation was the same as shown in the video with the left noise suppressor being connected through a “black” connector - - the instructions from Honda are incorrect as it labeled this connection as a “white” connector. That is what caused all of my confusion. Anyway, it has been correctly installed and works great.

    Thanks again

    Ken

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-27-2018, 10:13 PM
  2. Progressive Shocks / Installation Question
    By 8Crow in forum Harley Tri Glide
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-19-2017, 06:12 AM
  3. 2003 Honda ST1100P/Richland Roadster
    By jimz71 in forum Outrigger Style Trikes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-17-2016, 06:03 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-26-2016, 02:30 PM
  5. Question on 2003 Volusia Suzuki Lehman Romani Trike
    By Big0 in forum Suzuki - Kawasaki Trikes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-13-2014, 06:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •