Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Question re Installation of CB noise suppressors on 2003 Honda GL 1800

5+ Posts
    User ID

Default Question re Installation of CB noise suppressors on 2003 Honda GL 1800

I have installed the Honda OEM CB unit. There are three noise suppressors that are required to be installed - 1) on left side behind driver, 2) on right side next to storage pocket and 3) on left side below storage pocket. I found 1 and 2, but I cannot locate No. 3. All are supposed to be white connectors as was 1and 2. I found a connector that is the same style plug-in, but it is grey.

Does anyone know where the No. 3 connector can be found or if the “grey” connector is the right one.

thanks for any input.

Ken

2. Roadsmith banner
    5+ Posts
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Kens03red View Post
    I have installed the Honda OEM CB unit. There are three noise suppressors that are required to be installed - 1) on left side behind driver, 2) on right side next to storage pocket and 3) on left side below storage pocket. I found 1 and 2, but I cannot locate No. 3. All are supposed to be white connectors as was 1and 2. I found a connector that is the same style plug-in, but it is grey.

Does anyone know where the No. 3 connector can be found or if the “grey” connector is the right one.

thanks for any input.

Ken
    Sorry, the only connector that I find on left front is “black” but it does fit the noise suppressor connector.

5+ Posts
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Kens03red View Post
    Sorry, the only connector that I find on left front is “black” but it does fit the noise suppressor connector.
    Thanks for the response. I traced the No 2 suppressor to the right side fan. I traced that black connector to the left fan and so I installed the No 3 suppressor there. Will see how it works tomorrow.

Again, thanks for your thoughts.

Ken