Likes Likes:  2
Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revisit Fuel Milage

20+ Posts
    User ID

Default Moving on

Has anyone found a way to mount an auxiliary fuel tank with the CSC. I have been looking at some spun aluminum tanks from Sandstorm. Nice idea. But where and how to mount? I'm not that sure about how to do this with electric fuel pump. My thought on the tank itself is to find one that will fit between the trunk lid brackets sitting on the floor. I don't have to have the space for storage. Then comes the problem of how the fuel system will pressurize the tank. I would appreciate the groups input and thoughts.

Thanks

Phil

51000+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by m-c rider View Post
    Has anyone found a way to mount an auxiliary fuel tank with the CSC. I have been looking at some spun aluminum tanks from Sandstorm. Nice idea. But where and how to mount? I'm not that sure about how to do this with electric fuel pump. My thought on the tank itself is to find one that will fit between the trunk lid brackets sitting on the floor. I don't have to have the space for storage. Then comes the problem of how the fuel system will pressurize the tank. I would appreciate the groups input and thoughts.

Thanks

Phil
    With my 11 Tri-Glide i always carryed a gal and half tank in the trunk When ever i was going on a long ride....And in 45+ thousand miles i never had to use it, That said it sure felt good knowing i had it back there late at night or early in the AM and running close to empty......
    Sometimes a Cigar is Just a Cigar.....
    2018...SLINGSHOT...........

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

RotopaX 2 Gal, 59.99, eBay.jpg

I keep a 2 gal Roto X in my trunk, leak and fume proof, fits perfectly between the hinges on the tri ... I've only used it once when a guy riding with us ran out on his sporty ... never for me.
    2014 Tri Glide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2006 Gold Wing Comfort Navi Abs - Jessica, 2003 Gold Wing - Helga, 2014 HD Ultra Limited - Harley Quinn, 2008 Gold Wing with Champion Conversion - Fat Bottom Girl 2, 2001 Goldwing - Tweety, 2015, HD Triglide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2011 HD Ultra - Raven, 2006 K1200LT - Vianca, 2007 HD Ultra - Ice Blue, 2006 HD Ultra - Arctic Blast, 2004 Honda Goldwing - Snow White, 2001 Goldwing - Crimson Pearl, And Many More

51000+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe View Post

I keep a 2 gal Roto X in my trunk, leak and fume proof, fits perfectly between the hinges on the tri ... I've only used it once when a guy riding with us ran out on his sporty ... never for me.
    That 2 Gal would fill most Sportsters Peanut tank.....My Sportster had the large 3.2 gal tank......
    Sometimes a Cigar is Just a Cigar.....
    2018...SLINGSHOT...........

20+ Posts
    User ID

Default Fuel Tank

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe View Post

I might end up with something like that, I want to look at a tank that I don't have to pour the gas directly into the OEM gas cap. Something along the line that CSC offers for the Honda.

5+ Posts
    User ID

Default Ours is the same!

We also have a Victory with a CSC trike kit and gas mileage has gone down considerably since tricking it. Havenít figured out exact mileage but Iíd bet itís about 28 to 30mpg. Itís my husbands bike and I ride a Gold Wing tike. I can get 140mi out of a tank of gas on my bike easy but my husband is looking for a gas station when we only have about 100 miles to a tank. When his was a two wheeler he could always outride me on a tank. Really gets inconvenient when your riding in a remote area.

20+ Posts
    User ID

Default Solved my problem

Sharon: I purchased a Roto Pax Gen 2, two gallon fuel can. It fits into the trunk nicely and there is still room. I'll use it when needed. Can't see any other options at this time.

Phil

User ID

Default Same with our MotoTrike

We have a 2012 Cross Country with a MotoTrike Vortex kit on it. We used to get 42-45 MPG on the bike. Since it's been triked, 25 MPG is pretty typical. On back roads, running 55-60, we'll get closer to 30...
    Jim Mowrey
    Dundas, IL
    Victory Cross Roads W/MotorTrike Kit

Things do not happen. You make things happen.

User ID

After an engine rebuild or a cam job, sometime your mileage will suffer for a few hundred miles. Once everything seats well, mileage usually gets better. Also, check your fuel turner. A misadjusted turner can dramatically effect mileage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12