Ongoing 2019 Tri Glide Build-Out w/ lots of photos, videos and observations

I agree with the shifter comment. When the M8 came out, they defiantly improved the entire mechanism & it was needed.

I adjusted my heel shifter down a bit & it made it much more comfortable to use. They way they had it from the factory, I had to pick my foot up way to high to use it.

I have been looking at an extended shift pegs for the front.

I like the linked brakes on my 17 FW, but I'm glad they linked the front brake also. I know a right leg amputee that had to have the dealer fix it so the front brake lever activated the system. That's a definite improvement.

Thanks for the pics & thread on your new 19. Are you gonna wait a while for the external breather mod, along with the air cleaner?

Michael check out J&P

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/63...MI8N6v2IOv4QIV7h-tBh3m7wYVEAQYASABEgKpIPD_BwE

Reactions: MDO
I agree with the shifter comment. When the M8 came out, they defiantly improved the entire mechanism & it was needed.

I adjusted my heel shifter down a bit & it made it much more comfortable to use. They way they had it from the factory, I had to pick my foot up way to high to use it.

I have been looking at an extended shift pegs for the front.

I like the linked brakes on my 17 FW, but I'm glad they linked the front brake also. I know a right leg amputee that had to have the dealer fix it so the front brake lever activated the system. That's a definite improvement.

Thanks for the pics & thread on your new 19. Are you gonna wait a while for the external breather mod, along with the air cleaner?

Sorry, forgot several links in previous thread-

Waterless wash can be seen here- ECH2O I used a dilution a 15:1 with distilled water

This will give me about 8 gallons of the wash for the cost of $35 or 4.30 a gallon...pretty good price, especially since it's the best stuff I've ever used.

Extended ISO shift pegs can be seen here- Comfortable Shift Pegs

I have played with the idea of deleting the heel shifter...but I do use it occasionally...when my foot is on the highway peg and I want to upshift, it is way easier to move my left foot down onto the heel shifter than onto the floorboard, tuck my toe under the toe shifter and upshift.

Ultrafxr has recommended an extended rear shift arm to get it out of the way of the floorboard...I am contemplating that.

Glad you're liking the thread.

I will be doing an air cleaner and EBS when I do my first oil change, after the first 500 miles, which is coming up soon! I hate that that nasty stuff is going into my throttle body and cylinders right now, but that's about to end. :)

Kevin

I did that. It is just high enough to shift when my foot is flat on the board.

View attachment 69817

I have had this mod (extended rear shirt lever) for at least 15 years and really like it. To help minimize foot movement even more I lower the front lever as far down as I can. I can just get the welt of my boot under it. That way I just move my big size 11 over a bit and push down to downshift. All upshifts are done with the heel shifter.

Bill, where did you get your extended heel shifter?

Thanks

Micheal, I got it from Dennis Kirk. I found my PayPal invoice for $36.28 + shipping.

Sorry but it didn't show the part number. I believe they had two different ones with different lengths (about 1-1 1/2") difference. I got the one that went past the footboard end.

EDIT: I found the number on the Dennis Kirk website.

[h=1]V-Twin Manufacturing Chrome Extended Shifter Lever - 21-0256[/h]

• Thanks
Another thing I did this weekend, forgot to take pics, will do so later this week, I got an oil temperature dipstick.

Got to have that for testing.

BUT, unlike in the past, I got an analog one from JESCustomAccents. In the past I've used the HD Digital read out dipsticks, and they never last. The most recent one lasted longer than other ones, but it still did not make it to 3 years.

Giving this analog one a shot this time around.

Kevin

• Thanks
Another thing I did this weekend, forgot to take pics, will do so later this week, I got an oil temperature dipstick.

Got to have that for testing.

BUT, unlike in the past, I got an analog one from JESCustomAccents. In the past I've used the HD Digital read out dipsticks, and they never last. The most recent one lasted longer than other ones, but it still did not make it to 3 years.

Giving this analog one a shot this time around.

Kevin

Kevin, have you changed the batteries??? I've had to change them in mine like three times ... I've had it fo like 8 or 9 years ... granted ... about two of those years I rode Gold Wings. Maybe I got a good one?

Beautiful ride in today.

4-2-19.jpg

Got the new plate for the TG. Mississippi has changed their plates...used to be a blue plate with a guitar on it. Now it's a drab brown color.

New%20Plate.jpg

Kevin

Kevin do you have the part # on the oil temp gauge?

Thanks....

Ride Safe.........................................

I don't think they have part numbers, I could not see any.

They have four types....oil filled or air filled, and then white face or black face.

I got the air filled black face.

Here's a link- https://www.jescustomaccents.com/20...led-Temp-Gauge-2017-P-all-FL-Blk-Face-Air.htm

Kevin, have you changed the batteries??? I've had to change them in mine like three times ... I've had it fo like 8 or 9 years ... granted ... about two of those years I rode Gold Wings. Maybe I got a good one?

Yes, the latest one I have actually worked longer than most, and I changed the battery in it twice, successfully. Last time it quit working, the battery was not the issue. I fiddled with it a bit to no avail.

Yeah, you got a good one!

Kevin

Kevin, is that synthetic sheepskin? Reason I ask ... had a real sheepskin seat cover on an ultra ... when out rained ... it took forever to dry out ... riding with a wet b$tt is not my idea of a good time ... LOL ... so I'd wear my rain pants until it did ... but that defeated the purpose of the sheep skin ... I loved it .. until it rained .. I'd consider going back to one if you have a solution for that?

I can't believe you don't have those bars installed yet, just curious is all

All for now Trampas

They are being installed this Friday. I am not doing it myself. Over the last 10-12 years I've had multiple warranty repairs on handlebar controls, so, for me, it is best for the Dealership to install them, that way if there is any warranty repair they can't say it was because I installed the bars incorrectly.

A few years ago I took the '14 in for switch control issues...they said that it was not covered under warranty because I had installed the handlebars and must have done something wrong that cause the switch to fail. I pointed out to them that THEY installed the bars. They then fixed the controls under warranty. :)

Kevin, is that synthetic sheepskin? Reason I ask ... had a real sheepskin seat cover on an ultra ... when out rained ... it took forever to dry out ... riding with a wet b$tt is not my idea of a good time ... LOL ... so I'd wear my rain pants until it did ... but that defeated the purpose of the sheep skin ... I loved it .. until it rained .. I'd consider going back to one if you have a solution for that?

Real Sheepskin. This is the 3rd or 4th bike the same skin has been on. Cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter. It takes a lot of rain for it to hold water and get my butt wet. If it's raining that much, I'm going to be wearing rain pants.

You may have seen the occasional photo I post that has a black trash bag over the riders back-rest? That is because when I know it is going to rain while I'm parked at work, or when we are parked at a motel and there is the slightest chance of overnight rain, we pull the sheepskin up over the riders backrest and cover it with a trash bag to keep it dry. Takes about 30 seconds and is a bit of a PITA, but how comfortable it is the rest of the time makes it worth it.

That sure is a handsome paint job on your new trike:clapping:

Thanks man! First red bike I've owned since some Honda's many decades ago.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png