Making the Fat Bottom Girl an "AMG" Edition.

Ok, I guess I missed your reply on the other thread, I knew Kevin was using the mckee's stuff, so many ceramic finishes out there so now I know you used the same stuff.

All for now Trampas

Paint? PAINT? Now you want ​PAINT? !!

Man, just think of all the work you have done to the surface... ceramic coating and it looks beautiful. All the little “Allen” badges and doo-hickies you’ve put all over it... you’d have to take it all off and put it all back on again... but then I guess this is what a Tinker does...:) to each his own..

If you can ride one with one of Zook’s rake kits, do it. You’ll change your mind. Quick. (That is, provided you haven’t already done that). Honestly, I was worried it wouldn’t make a difference, and that I’d wasted my money...until I rode a few miles. And it just gets better as time goes on.

I say this without reservation...if anybody plans on spending a thousand bucks on their Harley trike this summer for anything...spend it on getting one of Papa Zook’s rake kits installed. It will completely change your ride for the better, permanently.

Paint? PAINT? Now you want ​PAINT? !!

Man, just think of all the work you have done to the surface... ceramic coating and it looks beautiful. All the little “Allen” badges and doo-hickies you’ve put all over it... you’d have to take it all off and put it all back on again... but then I guess this is what a Tinker does...:) to each his own..

i said it might be a pipe dream .... :Shrug:

If it wasn’t for it being pool opening season , I’d figure he and Harley would be on there way to NM by now :Shrug:

And you'd be right except for three or four things.

First ... I'm retired ... the last knee replacement made working on pools virtually impossible (no kneeling on either knee)

Second ... I would be .. but I am helping a friend care for my God Dog. The dog tore up her knee, had surgery and needs to rehab in a calm environment. My life being really boring, made for the perfect place.

Third ... Not real sure New Mexico would be on the destination list, although ... They have a cavern I'd like to see.

Since the God Dog needs at least 4 weeks and maybe 5, I schedule the first trip's start date for 5/5/19 (5 weeks and a day) ... but heading to Mesquite without Harley ... only gonna be a 5-6 day "Maiden Voyage" for the FBG. I'll need to spend more time with the planning of Trips with Harley. Hotels that allow pets, Scenic locations that allow pets, etc.

Although Harley is "used" to the pet palace and being on bikes in his pouch, he's not been in the pet palace on the bike. I think for his sanity and mine, It might be best for us to do some shorter trips around town, then some slightly longer, and then a few longer with maybe a highway spin on there.

After the "Maiden Voyage", I'll be building him up to longer rides. I also worry about him being left in a hotel room, even in the pet palace. He is a mouthy little cuss and is a tad spoiled. My worry is he'd bark and get us thrown out of a hotel room ... LOL, so I will have to take him everywhere I go.

It will work out, but, gonna be a little time to train him up to the "ride rules".

And you'd be right except for three things.Third ... Not real sure New Mexico would be on the destination list, although ... The have a cavern I'd like to see.

I would guess you are speaking of Carlsbad Caverns. Just be darned sure the elevators are working BEFORE you go. They are notorious for breaking down and it takes a LONG time for them to get fixed....government and all... We get a lot of New Mexico news here in west Texas and it is not unusual to see an article warning that the elevators are down - again. It is a LONG walk down into the caverns and a physically challenging walk vertically back up...hence the elevators. You need to call the park headquarters ahead of time. Of course, there is no way to predict when they will go out - again...! So if you are in the vicinity and want to go to the caverns - I would call the afternoon before you go or even the morning of..... no kidding!

I would guess you are speaking of Carlsbad Caverns. Just be darned sure the elevators are working BEFORE you go. They are notorious for breaking down and it takes a LONG time for them to get fixed....government and all... We get a lot of New Mexico news here in west Texas and it is not unusual to see an article warning that the elevators are down - again. It is a LONG walk down into the caverns and a physically challenging walk vertically back up...hence the elevators. You need to call the park headquarters ahead of time. Of course, there is no way to predict when they will go out - again...! So if you are in the vicinity and want to go to the caverns - I would call the afternoon before you go or even the morning of..... no kidding!

Good advice. I've also been advised to not stay "near the caverns". Apparently it's a high crime area.

Got an email ... the mufflers have been shipped. Interesting ... being shipped from California ... a place were you can't buy them ... LOL.

Just found this ... it's a sound test of the mufflers I ordered ... I'm jazzed.

You do realize that video had the stock headpipe with the cat still in it, you have changed yours to a no cat, now granted the mufflers did sound good on that video, it might be louder on yours with no cat but I think you can add more discs or subract which ever the case to get the sound you want, I would think anyway, fuelmoto could say or even Kevin could tell you.

All for now Trampas

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png