Making the Fat Bottom Girl an "AMG" Edition.

So, I woke at 4am, go figure. Packed, showered, dressed, and still had 3 hours before i could go see her and get her. Watched Mash, drank coffee and finally 7am rolled around. Decided to go get some breakfast. Drove to BK, got a croissant, coffee and headed to the dealer. Sat in the truck, ate my breakfast and listened to the audio book.

At 8am, I got out, unloaded Jessica, and went back too the audio book.

At 8:15 the sales guy arrived and freed her from her garage. She was gorgeous and more importantly, every thing works, she runs great, and when I got back to the dealer, I noticed she has clear bra on her rear fenders already. Way kewl. Really nice job, I almost didn't notice it.

Went inside, did the paperwork, talked for awhile and pulled the truck in front of their sign to do a pic.

2019-03-18 09.52.19.jpg

I was bummed about something though ... I left this in the hotel room.

2019-03-17 17.31.26.jpg

So FBG and I headed home. All was going great until I got about 5 miles from Eisenhower Tunnel. We came to a dead stop. Took an hour to get to the tunnel, sort of, they made every body get off and go over Loveland Pass. Apparently, there was a slide or some other kind of "Emergency Road Repair" going on. That's all the sign said. If you have never done Loveland Pass, it's about 20-25 miles of twisty, winding roads past some ski lodges. Gorgeous ride in the summer. Not so nice when I'm in a little Toyota truck with a bike on a trailer, doing 20 mph, bumper to bumper. The snow from the storm they had last week was over the top of the truck on both sides.

Finally got to Silverthorne and back on I70. Instead of getting home around 2-3, didn't get home until 5:20. Got FBG unloaded, the trailer put away and FBG in the garage. She was shinny clean when we left, she looks like an impressionist went nuts with brown paint on her now. So sad for her. Tomorrow will be a bath for sure.

Anyway, that is why, when going over the mountains in the winter ... I do it in two days. If anything happens in the mountains ... you could be finishing the trip in the mountains at night. Alan don't do the Rockey's in the winter at night, when the sun goes down the temp drops like a rock, all the snow melted freezes. Gotta be a good reason for me to do them at night in the summer, that's when the critters come out.

Anyway, we are home safe and sound ... little tired, but no worse for wear.

All i see in the picture are 3 Old Fat guys , Blocking what looks to be a Trike....:laugh:..

Congrats Fuzz.....:clapping:...

And your point????? :D Actually, I'm the only old fat guy ... the other two are in their 30's and 40's.

Normally they take the pic before I load it ... but since they came in to do the deal, I thought after my test ride, I'd just load it.

So, I woke at 4am, go figure. Packed, showered, dressed, and still had 3 hours before i could go see her and get her. Watched Mash, drank coffee and finally 7am rolled around. Decided to go get some breakfast. Drove to BK, got a croissant, coffee and headed to the dealer. Sat in the truck, ate my breakfast and listened to the audio book.

At 8am, I got out, unloaded Jessica, and went back too the audio book.

At 8:15 the sales guy arrived and freed her from her garage. She was gorgeous and more importantly, every thing works, she runs great, and when I got back to the dealer, I noticed she has clear bra on her rear fenders already. Way kewl. Really nice job, I almost didn't notice it.

Went inside, did the paperwork, talked for awhile and pulled the truck in front of their sign to do a pick.

View attachment 69158

I was bummed about something though ... I left this in the hotel room.

View attachment 69159

So FBG and I headed home. All was going great until I got about 5 miles from Eisenhower Tunnel. We came to a dead stop. Took an hour to get to the tunnel, sort of, they made every body get off and go over Loveland Pass. Apparently, there was a slide or some other kind of "Emergency Road Repair" going on. That's all the sign said. If you have never done Loveland Pass, it's about 20-25 miles of twisty, winding roads past some ski lodges. Gorgeous ride in the summer. Not so nice when I'm in a little Toyota truck with a bike on a trailer, doing 20 mph, bumper to bumper. The snow from the storm they had last week was over the top of the truck on both sides.

Finally got to Silverthorne and back on I70. Instead of getting home around 2-3, didn't get home until 5:20. Got FBG unloaded, the trailer put away and FBG in the garage. She was shinny clean when we left, she looks like an impressionist went nuts with brown paint on her now. So sad for her. Tomorrow will be a bath for sure.

Anyway, that is why, when going over the mountains in the winter ... I do it in two days. If anything happens in the mountains ... you could be finishing the trip in the mountains at night. Alan don't do the Rockey's in the winter at night, when the sun goes down the temp drops like a rock, all the snow melted freezes. Gotta be a good reason for me to do them at night in the summer, that's when the critters come out.

Anyway, we are home safe and sound ... little tired, but no worse for wear.

Congrats! Good to read you're back home, safe & sound with the FBG. :clapping:

Kevin

Nice Fuzzy, give FBG a pat on the rump for all of us! :)

Hmmm ... I may give her a pat ... but she really needs a bath first .. LOL ... Looking at her last night when I got home, thought about naming her "Pig Pen" ... LOL

After I take Harley to the groomers (He won't let me bathe him ... little bugger bites me), I'll pull her out and get a couple pics of her "Impressionist look", If mud was blue and yellow, I could name her "Starry Night" .. LOL

FBG dirty

Here's some pics of her dirty:

2019-03-19 08.00.06.jpg

2019-03-19 07.59.59.jpg

2019-03-19 07.59.51.jpg

2019-03-19 07.59.45.jpg

I took her to a wand wash place ... but it's gonna take some TLC more than that. But, if there was any salt on her, it's pretty much gone.

Also took her to Big O, to have them check the tire pressure ... Nitrogen ... she had 36# front and 36# rear ... what can I say, the previous owner must of liked it rough ... LOL.

She now has 36# front and 22# rear.

I guess I didn't notice it when I did the test ride yesterday (probably because I was riding a Gold Wing), but the PO has removed the heal shifter. I'm gonna ride it like this for awhile. Who knows ... I may like it. Lots of room for your feet without it.

When rooting around in the Tour Pak (gotta get used to that again), not that there was much in there ... LOL ... but in the pocket where you put the owners manual, I found a "life time warrantee" for the film on the rear fenders and the inside between the fenders and the side covers. It is Xpel. It's supposed to be "self healing". I gotta say, who ever did this, did a nice job. I didn't even notice it until after I rode it and was looking really close. Of course, when it got really dirty, it showed up pretty good. It was comforting to know that the "sticking out parts" where protected a little better.

Here's some pics of her dirty:

I took her to a wand wash place ... but it's gonna take some TLC more than that. But, if there was any salt on her, it's pretty much gone.

Also took her to Big O, to have them check the tire pressure ... Nitrogen ... she had 36# front and 36# rear ... what can I say, the previous owner must of liked it rough ... LOL.

She now has 36# front and 22# rear.

I guess I didn't notice it when I did the test ride yesterday (probably because I was riding a Gold Wing), but the PO has removed the heal shifter. I'm gonna ride it like this for awhile. Who knows ... I may like it. Lots of room for your feet without it.

When rooting around in the Tour Pak (gotta get used to that again), not that there was much in there ... LOL ... but in the pocket where you put the owners manual, I found a "life time warrantee" for the film on the rear fenders and the inside between the fenders and the side covers. It is Xpel. It's supposed to be "self healing". I gotta say, who ever did this, did a nice job. I didn't even notice it until after I rode it and was looking really close. Of course, when it got really dirty, it showed up pretty good. It was comforting to know that the "sticking out parts" where protected a little better.

Get an extended shift lever. I've been running with those for many years. It puts the shifter peg behind the footboard so the entire footboard is available for your feet as it should be. I really prefer upshifting with the heel shifter. I have it install low so just slide my foot back and lift ever so slightly and I'm on it. Much easier that lifting the toe imo.

Get an extended shift lever. I've been running with those for many years. It puts the shifter peg behind the footboard so the entire footboard is available for your feet as it should be. I really prefer upshifting with the heel shifter. I have it install low so just slide my foot back and lift ever so slightly and I'm on it. Much easier that lifting the toe imo.

I have two of those ... If I decide to go back to heal/toe, I'll put one on the toe and one on the heal. Gives you about 3" extra room. Works well for the size 12 boots.

Okay, so on the way to getting Harley at the groomers, I stopped and got my insurance transferred over. Picked up the one eyed wonder mutt and went home. He rode in the sack on my chest.

Next I spent about an hour figuring how to get a new license for my PV (did I mention I'm a luddite?). I copied the tune that FBG had into the last slot and loaded the tune I had for my 15 Tri. Then went for about 25-30 miles "tuning". Saved that and programed the tuned map to FBG, filled up FBG and took off on about 100 mile ride (yep, I officially have more miles on FBG in 1 day than I did on Jessica in 2.5 months (of course, I had a knee replaced and winter was in there too).

During my 100 mile ride, she was smooth, generated decent power and did not knock. All good things. The mile include 50 or so miles of 75-80 mph and 50 miles of backroads. When I got close to the house, I filled again. I got 36.32 mpg. This is with stock header, stock slip ons, stock air cleaner. I got to say, I was impressed.

So I spent about an hour or two starting the mod process, which of course included the Stage one kit and the Calvary air cleaner ... retuning tomorrow.

2019-03-19 14.51.49.jpg

2019-03-19 15.13.35.jpg

2019-03-19 15.18.35.jpg

Then I added my butler and my looooong mirrors (being a wide body, the extenders help get the mirrors over the girth of me).

2019-03-19 15.32.06.jpg

2019-03-19 15.32.11.jpg

Next I spent about an hour figuring what is next.

Back Rest, I think I may go with the streamliner pegs ... always liked the look of those, that will happen after I get the relocaters from DK tomorrow.. And, I have a set of mini boards for the highway pegs ... we'll see.

Came in and got cleaned up ... more tomorrow after tuning some more.

Fuzzy, glad to see you got home OK with your TG. Congratulations, I think you did real well for yourself & I'm glad your back on a Harley.

I might have missed this, but do you have a fluid replacement scheduled (oil & brake fluid) or did the dealer do it?

Fuzzy, glad to see you got home OK with your TG. Congratulations, I think you did real well for yourself & I'm glad your back on a Harley.

I might have missed this, but do you have a fluid replacement scheduled (oil & brake fluid) or did the dealer do it?

Dealer did the engine before I picked her up, with Syn 3 ... After posting earlier I went out and put my Digital Temp/Dipstic on her and the quick check trans dipstick. The oil looked fresh, smelled clean and tasted new (just kidding). When I put the quick check in the trans, the OEM had "Bubble Gum" on it ... so I'm guessing it's red line. She shifts really smooth so that kind of confirms that.

I didn't get pics of the two dip sticks ... I'll get them tomorrow.

So Having Said all that ... I will be doing a three hole swap of all fluids before I do any distance.

Was thinking about tomorrow. I need to do Allergy Shots that I should of done Monday. After that, i think I may go to Montrose, 65 miles, to get some Long John Silvers ... Haven't had any since late October. It will be a nice ride (gonna be 60's) and it will be a nice tuning run.

The lift Kit and Relocaters from DK will be here tomorrow (if you can believe UPS). I'm really looking forward to the lift kit ... I've already dragged the pipes three times, once loading her, once un loading her and once pulling into the Harley dealer to make an appointment for next Tuesday to get them to program passing lights to stay on with the high beams and to get the bike to acknowledge the SiriusXM Module after I put it in. Ticks me off to have to pay them to do that, but, I don't have a way to do it.

If I have any energy left, I'll put the back rest on. Maybe I'll do that before the ride ... hmmmm. Only takes like 15 minutes.

Just got a text ... my FBG T's are on their way ... LOL

That Red Line Shockproof in the tranny is good for 15-20,000 miles.

It's supposed to be the best. I'm gonna be switching to it soon. It seems like whoever owned it took care of it.:cool:

You shouldn't have to do anything to get the infotainment system to recognize the Sirius XM module. The CB module does require a flash but the XM should be picked up by the system. That's what my instructions said when I installed the XM module and it works just fine.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png