Making the Fat Bottom Girl an "AMG" Edition.

Aaaah, the cats out of the bag :clapping:

Trust me ... If I thought the Cat was in the bag ... I certainly would of let it out ... I love Cats.

I had a guy that could of been one of the "real bikers" on Wild Hogs pull up next to me last summer when I had the AMG stuff on the Ultra Limited ... He was all kinds of upset that Harley was now in bed with Mercedes ... please ... I explained what my version of the AMG was and he got really upset that he got it wrong ... like he was mad at me .. LOL

The whole story is I was watching the Master's last year and Mercedes was a sponsor ... they were hyping their new "AMG" sports car ... the idea hit me and eBay had tons of AMG Badging "stuff". I like the AMG Edition the best.

Fuzzy,

i had the E Series exhaust on my 2013 for about three years and absolutely loved them! Replaced the stock slip ones with Street Cannons and couldn’t get them changed out fast enough. Didn’t care for (hated) the sound of them and for me, personally, they were too loud. The E Series are so nice to tour with because as the rider, you barely hear them if you try real hard. But if you’re in back of the trike they have a really nice deep rumble.

What sounds good and what is too loud or too quiet is so personal, that this “vote” for the E Series is just my personal opinion....but they are great!!

Now that I have a new 2018, I don’t know what I’m going to do since the dealerships will void your warranty with aftermarket parts and pieces and the only “approved” slipons are the Street Cannons for the Stage 1 upgrade....UUGGHH!!

E Series

Yea ... you’re the second vote for them and the first was highly respected by me ... Thanks Kevin ... LOL

The older I get ... the less I tolerate loud ... 😀

Okay ... so I woke at 04:30 ... as usual and was thinking about the floor boards ... takes me several attempts at thinning about some things before I grasp what I’m trying to remember.

Anyway ... I remembered what I didn’t like about the streamliners ... the rubber pad is great at absorbing vibration, but if you need to get up on the boards ... they are way too “squishy”.

I really like the ISO boards, but couldn’t remember how I was able to access the parking brake ... I went out to the garage, in my bathrobe and got the driver ISO boards ... and the tool bag. That’s when it hit me ... the mounts for the ISO boards can be taken off and switched so the the longer end faces forward, which gives a longer legged guy like me more stretch room. I switched the mounts and went back to the garage ... sure enough ... that is the ticket. I have some errands this morning, so, as soon as I get back, I’ll switch them out.

Yep ... all of them ... maybe not all of them today ... gonna do a Long John Silvers run ... I know ... I know ... ya gotta be “touched” to go 130 miles round trip for some fried fish ... but my dogs get a chicken plank each when I go and I’m their hero for a touch.

More later.

Fuzzy, It seems if you ever need cash for a project, you have a gold mine of parts buried in your garage you have probably forgotten about.;) Flea-Bay is calling.:cool:

I've tried to sell this stuff twice at swap meets ... just couldn't bring myself to it ... most of it is in plastic crates in my shed ... the stuff in the crates is inventoried in a data base ... the stuff in the garage is in some cardboard boxes ... waiting to be inventoried ... they are the two collections I like the most ... Iso by Kuryakyn and Streamliner by HD.

Okay ... so I got done with my need to does early ... so .. I installed the ISO stuff.

Right, the highway peg mount is the long offset:

Right.jpg

Left, the highway peg mount is the short offset:

Left.jpg

Two notes:

1) I am not testing the two different lengths of highway peg mounts to see which one I like the most. before mounting the short ones, I chased the threads to remove the lock tite from the little set screw threads that allow you to adjust how high they go when folded up and how low they go when folded down. There are four holes total. I got three of them chased, then the tap broke in the forth hole ... I will need to drill it out, but the ride came first ... :D.

2) Yes Carla, the switchbacks are back on. :D

LJS Ride

So I did two "typical Tuning Runs" while doing my gotta do's this morning.

Filled up and headed to Montrose, about 65 miles to get some fish ... :D

After feeding my face, I filled up. Got 37.6 mpg at 65 mph.

When I got close to home, I took this picture of PV.

Power Vision.jpg

Didn't take the picture until I got on the 45 mph road ... LOL. Pretty good numbers considering I just did 65 miles at 65 mph.

Looking pretty good there Fuzzy, looks to me like you keep changing things to figure how you want everything to suit you, lucky for you had all the parts in crates, would have been expensive to keep buying and changing, I just wish I would have kept stuff myself off of bikes, would have been cheaper in the long run for me anyhow.

All for now Trampas

would have been expensive to keep buying and changing

It Was ... :AGGHH:

After my last post, I decided I'd go attack that broken tap. What a pain ... took three broken cobalt drill bits and lots of sweat, I almost had to stop and seek forgiveness for my potty mouth ... it's amazing how long that stuff stays with you .. 20 years in the Navy, now 22 years after retirement and when I get really frustrated or hit my hand with a hammer ... that garbage still sneaks out once in awhile.

Any who ... got it out, threads cleaned up and decided to mount it. While I was mounting it, UPS showed up with my large and small ISO brake pads. :D Those would complete the foot controls ... so yep ... I mounted those too.

Right Side, I even opened the switchblades incase someone doesn't know what they are:

Right Done.jpg

Left side .. with the same perspective:

Left Done.jpg

I must confess, when I ordered the new brake pedals ... I wasn't 100% sure I ordered the right one for the parking brake.

In case anyone is interested, the main brake pad is Kury# 8027 and the parking brake pad is Kury# 8029. I get them from eBay from who ever is cheapest and does free shipping.

If anyone remembers my posts about my onboard tool bags ... LOL ... thought I'd post a pic of how well they fit in the trunk.

Trunk left.jpg

Trunk Right.jpg

The silver rods are a breaker bar, extension, 3/4" socket and my 125# torque wrench. I put it in there so i'd remember to re torque after 50 miles ... as is my habit .. I forgot it was still in there until just now when I saw it in there.:blush: ... now i have to find my little scissor jack and get it in there.

Won't be much happening tomorrow, my "God Dog" is having surgery, so, I'll be playing nurse maid while her human works.

Alan, I see you have the stock shifter ends yet

I changed mine to these
cromoly_heim_joint_2__63085.1421219304.1280.1280.JPG
Much better and worry free

62142_l.jpg
This is a plus also for sloppy stock shifter shaft

I drilled and tapped the boss on the primary cover on mine, it now gets greased every oil change

FBG is really looking good. I like the FBs better and the new pedals finish the look, nice job.

Were you thinking of making the Eureka Springs Gathering?

Your a Good Soul taking care of your God Dog. :)

Robert

Were you thinking of making the Eureka Springs Gathering?

Your a Good Soul taking care of your God Dog. :)

Robert

Haven't thought too much about it ... every time i read about those it's raining ... :AGGHH: .. I am considering a ride to the Ark Encounter ... gotta find out if the one eyed wonder mutt can go in his pouch.

2015-09-26 12.03.02.jpg

Alan, I see you have the stock shifter ends yetI changed mine to these
cromoly_heim_joint_2__63085.1421219304.1280.1280.JPG
Much better and worry free
62142_l.jpg
This is a plus also for sloppy stock shifter shaftI drilled and tapped the boss on the primary cover on mine, it now gets greased every oil change
Jack I installed a greasable shifter shaft last spring really like it neat clean easy to get to :good: Fred

Jack I installed a greasable shifter shaft last spring really like it neat clean easy to get to :good: Fred

Fred, I remember when our bikes came with grease fittings from the factory;)

I have too much time on my hands, I tapped my shifter shaft and installed a grease fitting, and I tapped and installed a fitting on the rear brake pedal shaft also;)

Just when you thought Spring had Sprung

Cold, overcast, and windy today. I must press on ... I have a Round Tuit.

Installed the Shift Linkage with the better "swivel" ends. Looks good I think. Not to mention that I will worry less about those cheesy OEM ends failing. It's never happened to me, but, I know people it has happened too.

Shift Linkage.jpg

Also installed the Tour Pak Power Port.

Power port 1.jpg

While in the Tour Pak, I noticed the AM/FM antenna connections in this condition ... might be why my radio reception died almost immediately after I got to the desert.

Loose Antenna Good.jpg

I'm thinking this was left that way when someone worked on something. I think the odds of both the wire connection and the ground connection coming that loose is very slim.

God Dog

Just heard ... my God Dog did well in surgery ... she is already waking up and both doc's said it went very well ... I'll pick her up around 4:30 and keep her with me for as long as she needs watching. Her mom works a real job and can't take time off.

Now all I have to do is keep Harley from bugging her too much. :AGGHH:

Just heard ... my God Dog did well in surgery ... she is already waking up and both doc's said it went very well ... I'll pick her up around 4:30 and keep her with me for as long as she needs watching. Her mom works a real job and can't take time off.

Now all I have to do is keep Harley from bugging her too much. :AGGHH:

You got to be one of the bizziest guy here , Alan. I need a nap after reading all your posts :clapping:

Reactions: MDO
Cold, overcast, and windy today. I must press on ...

While in the Tour Pak, I noticed the AM/FM antenna connections in this condition ... might be why my radio reception died almost immediately after I got to the desert.

View attachment 69717

I'm thinking this was left that way when someone worked on something. I think the odds of both the wire connection and the ground connection coming that loose is very slim.

As a HD owner , it’s a put on your to check to check list ! It does happen.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png