Likes Likes:  339
Thanks Thanks:  11
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Making the Fat Bottom Girl an "AMG" Edition.

750+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Congratulations on making the modification to the Adjustable Tour Pak Relocator.

I'm very much interested in seeing pics of how the wiring is reconnected. Also, how to prevent it from being stretched out or under too much tension from back and forth adjustable movements?
    2016 Tri Glide Billet Silver w/Pinstripes ["Hi-ho, Silver! Away!"]
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it ill behooves any of us to find fault with the rest of us." ..... James Truslow Adams
    "Being uninformed is not an opinion"....

2. Love Jugs
    TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
    Congratulations on making the modification to the Adjustable Tour Pak Relocator.

I'm very much interested in seeing pics of how the wiring is reconnected. Also, how to prevent it from being stretched out or under too much tension from back and forth adjustable movements?
    Thanks, the wires are held in my case by zip ties so there is just one bundle, then the filler pad has two velcro straps that I looped around the bundle on each side. There is plenty of wire and the velcro helps keep it from getting pinched. I didn't take any pics ofd that (didn't think it was a big deal, but, I will.

The only mod I needed to make was the notch I discussed previously.

Here's what it looks like from the back:

Relocator Back View.jpg

Here's what it looks like from the right:

RelocatorRight.jpg

From the left:

Relocator Left Right.jpg

From the extended filler side:

Relocator Pad.jpg

Here it is pushed fully forward:

Relocator Up.jpg

Here it is all the way back:

Relocator Back.jpg

Here is it with the pet palace on from the right:

Pet Palace Right.jpg

Here is it with the pet palace on from the Left:

Pet Palace Left.jpg

The only issue is that to "use the full 3" with the pet palace, I am going to need to make a spacer to get the pet palace a little higher, so the corners don't poke into the speakers. I'm thinking a some sort of bag or pillow case type thing that I could put all of His Royal Highness' stuff in ... LOL.
    2014 Tri Glide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2006 Gold Wing Comfort Navi Abs - Jessica, 2003 Gold Wing - Helga, 2014 HD Ultra Limited - Harley Quinn, 2008 Gold Wing with Champion Conversion - Fat Bottom Girl 2, 2001 Goldwing - Tweety, 2015, HD Triglide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2011 HD Ultra - Raven, 2006 K1200LT - Vianca, 2007 HD Ultra - Ice Blue, 2006 HD Ultra - Arctic Blast, 2004 Honda Goldwing - Snow White, 2001 Goldwing - Crimson Pearl, And Many More

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Default Some more info

One last thing that I eluded to last night. With the tour pak in the back position, there is room to put on or remove the arm rests.

Left:

Arm Rest Mount Left.jpg

Right:

Arm Rest Mount Right.jpg

I'm not wild about the look with the arm rests removed, but, I like the look less with the arm rests. you can still see the mounts, but, I'll live with that.

Relocator Up.jpg
    2014 Tri Glide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2006 Gold Wing Comfort Navi Abs - Jessica, 2003 Gold Wing - Helga, 2014 HD Ultra Limited - Harley Quinn, 2008 Gold Wing with Champion Conversion - Fat Bottom Girl 2, 2001 Goldwing - Tweety, 2015, HD Triglide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2011 HD Ultra - Raven, 2006 K1200LT - Vianca, 2007 HD Ultra - Ice Blue, 2006 HD Ultra - Arctic Blast, 2004 Honda Goldwing - Snow White, 2001 Goldwing - Crimson Pearl, And Many More

Just Killing Time...
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

I see you have provided Harley with a beverage holder.

You’re a good man Charley Brown!
    New course heading Mr. Sulu: ...2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...!!

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Default Wires and Pad

Here's the wires with the tour Pak forward:

Relocator Wires Up.jpg

Here's the wires with the tour Pak Back:

Relocator Wires Back.jpg

Here's the Pad with the tour Pak forward:

Relocator Pad Up.jpg

Here's the Pad with the tour Pak back:

Relocator Pad Back.jpg

So a little of a review. Obviously with the rain, I haven't ridden with it.

I timed it, not racing, just operating it in a normal speed. Takes right at 45 seconds to "unlatch" the four latches, pull it back and "relatch" the four latches.

Going the other way was right at 45 seconds too.

Compared to taking the tour pak off and moving it ... that's pretty significant.

So, the look. The tour pak actually sits about an 1' to 1.5" higher. That's gonna take a few to get used to. Kuryakyn has put a fancy chrome filler piece on the back to hide it and that helps. The sides are clean. I might look into the filler piece with the LED lights offered by DK to fill the gap, maybe drill some holes in the chrome to mount it ... that's the problem with modding something ... LOL ... it becomes a slippery slope ... .

Okay, I had some concerns about where to grab the tour pak to "slide" it. I tried several places, the luggage rack, pushing it from the front, and opted for putting my hands on the corners, were the LED light strip on the back, is and gently lifting while pulling back or pushing forward, it slides very smoothly. The gentle lift takes the weight off the mechanism. I can do it with one finger on each hand so, it's not at all tough to do.

About the cost. If you are riding mostly with a co rider and don't mind keeping the tour pak back all the time, I don't recommend it. Kuryakyn gets $349.99 for it, I was lucky and found a guy with only one left on eBay (New in the box) for $299.99 with free shipping. For a guy like me that isn't wild about the look of the TP being back all that much, at $300 it was worth it for me. As, I've said many times before, Harley's are merely a down payment for accessaries. But, so is a Gold Wing if you are like me and want your ride to be unique to you .

7. DKCustoms postbit
    TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by paws View Post
    I see you have provided Harley with a beverage holder.

You’re a good man Charley Brown!
    If you are referring to the Kuryakyn passenger drink holder, that came with the bike ... if it's the one on the pet palace, that came with the pet palace. Either way ... he'll have planty to drink ...

750+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Thanks for showing the wiring pics....I like the look of the Adjustable Tour Pak Relocator and looks like it's going to work really well for you.

I also had to remove my Kuryakyn Filler Pad in order to use the Sheepskin Seat Cover. Both wouldn't tuck in like I wanted at the back of the seat. So put the stock pad back on, but only planned to use the Sheepskin anyway for long distance travel, unless the "dog days of summer" changes that.
    2016 Tri Glide Billet Silver w/Pinstripes ["Hi-ho, Silver! Away!"]
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it ill behooves any of us to find fault with the rest of us." ..... James Truslow Adams
    "Being uninformed is not an opinion"....

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
    Thanks for showing the wiring pics....I like the look of the Adjustable Tour Pak Relocator and looks like it's going to work really well for you.

I also had to remove my Kuryakyn Filler Pad in order to use the Sheepskin Seat Cover. Both wouldn't tuck in like I wanted at the back of the seat. So put the stock pad back on, but only planned to use the Sheepskin anyway for long distance travel, unless the "dog days of summer" changes that.
    Yes ... I think this may be the best money I've spent on the Trike so far ... maybe top 5 ...

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Default There be blue skies with fluffy clouds here

Couldn't help myself. Even though it was only like 48*, I decided to do some highway speed tuning. I did 5 runs of 15+ miles. Started with 12% learned and after 5 runs was down to 7% learned ... guess I have some more to do ...

Good thing I enjoy just riding it ... cause I may have another 5-10 runs left to get down to almost nothing.

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Default No Geezer's today ...

Had to help a friend with some Estate paperwork for her father's estate. Good news ... got to spend some time with the God Dogs ... the one that had surgery is doing great, running jumping and generally having a ball.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435