Likes Likes:  364
Thanks Thanks:  12
Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Making the Fat Bottom Girl an "AMG" Edition.

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by paws View Post
    So what’s with the white trike in the last picture? You left home on a black trike according to earlier pics...?
    It's just a pic of the 15 with the adjustable passenger board mounts ... they have been on several bike/trikes ... they are in a bag right now ... probably get installed tomorrow. Not sure why I'm gonna install them, even at their highest point, Harley can't reach them. And he's my only co rider.
    2014 Tri Glide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2006 Gold Wing Comfort Navi Abs - Jessica, 2003 Gold Wing - Helga, 2014 HD Ultra Limited - Harley Quinn, 2008 Gold Wing with Champion Conversion - Fat Bottom Girl 2, 2001 Goldwing - Tweety, 2015, HD Triglide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2011 HD Ultra - Raven, 2006 K1200LT - Vianca, 2007 HD Ultra - Ice Blue, 2006 HD Ultra - Arctic Blast, 2004 Honda Goldwing - Snow White, 2001 Goldwing - Crimson Pearl, And Many More

2. Love Jugs
    350+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by paws View Post
    So what’s with the white trike in the last picture? You left home on a black trike according to earlier pics...?
    Gravel Road.
    2019 Tri-Glide Twisted Cherry

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by trike lady View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know did he trade?
    I could of just had it painted
    2014 Tri Glide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2006 Gold Wing Comfort Navi Abs - Jessica, 2003 Gold Wing - Helga, 2014 HD Ultra Limited - Harley Quinn, 2008 Gold Wing with Champion Conversion - Fat Bottom Girl 2, 2001 Goldwing - Tweety, 2015, HD Triglide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2011 HD Ultra - Raven, 2006 K1200LT - Vianca, 2007 HD Ultra - Ice Blue, 2006 HD Ultra - Arctic Blast, 2004 Honda Goldwing - Snow White, 2001 Goldwing - Crimson Pearl, And Many More

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Default New Style Highway Peg Mounts

So, before the trip I saw these on eBay, New Old Stock for $25. Normally at Harley they are around $50. My issue with the mounts I had was I could not get my legs 100% stretched out unless I put my heal on the peg. Not the most comfortable position. So I bought these:

Engine Guard Mounting Kit.jpg

I didn't install them before I left because I wanted to see on a long trip was it me or the mounts. I was right, the mounts where just too close, by like an inch.

Here's what they look like mounted

Left:

L D Done.jpg

L SB Done.jpg

Right:

R D Done.jpg

R SB Done.jpg

Front:

Front Done.jpg

Front Up.jpg

As you can see, the little Man had to supervise ... ... he's not very helpful, but he's cute.

Two things to consider, or tips if you will, if you think you might like these on your ride.

1) you need to ensure you put them low enough to get a gap between the lower faring and the mount. It would be really easy to have these mounts touching the lower faring and with the vibration destroy the paint.

Here's where I'm talking about, you can see the gap:

Attachment 71642

2) There is not enough room to get an allen wrench into the inside screw if you mount them more to the back instead of the front. I didn't need like 2", just about an inch. If you have longer legs than me, you can get another inch by flipping them over. I was able to tighten the inside screw while the outside was very loose. Then I "tapped" it into place with my palm and tightened the outside screw.

Tool.jpg

You can see there's not enough room to get a socket with an allen on it, but, the allen wrench works fine. As always, I used blue locktite on the threads.

Now when I sit on the seat, I can extend my legs 100% (maybe like 98%, first thing I learned in boot camp was to never lock my knees). By pushing them out more I also have plenty of room to use the switchblades for my heal. Should be way more comfy. I guess it's the addition of the artificial knees that made this necessary ... but ... I'm ready for the next trip.
    Attached Images Attached Images

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Default CVO Style Adjustable Passenger Board Mounts

So, I also wanted to install these so I did, no sense having items you paid for without using them, right?, right?, So I did.

Left:

L CVO Done.jpg

Right:

R CVO Done.jpg

After getting them on, I remembered exactly why I decided to save them when I traded the 11 Ultra (it's the bike they came on). If you look at the picture, you can see that the darby cover is now fully exposed and that makes it easier to remove and you can see it's whole message. On the other side, you have better access to the digital dipstick and the quick release trans dip stick. I know, I know .. I could, in my case, just remove the passenger boards altogether and be done, but, I have all this shiny chrome ....

Okay ... so a tip.

Anyone who has ever tried to change the passenger boards or their mounts knows this, but, if it saves just one person from having to go to Harley to get a new ball or spring ... it's worth my time posting about it.

When you take the boards off the mount, make sure you are on a flat surface and maybe put a rag under it. There is a detent ball and spring that holds the passenger board up when you put it up.

OEM Ready.jpg

Here's the spring and ball after I removed the OEM mount:

Spring & Ball.jpg

If you look at the board you can see the dent the detent ball needs to be put in.

Here's the CVO style mount with the spring and ball ready to install the board:

CVO Spring & Ball.jpg

Here's a look at the OEM mount so you can see the hole the spring goes in ... not sure why HD makes three holes, but, the spring goes in the one it fits. Might have something to do with holding grease of HD lube??? Unclear to me, but, everyone I've ever looked at is like that.

Spring Hole.jpg

You need to ensure that the spring and ball stay in their respective spots while you install the board. In my case it's the Kuryakyn's that mount with two screws. The OEM mount with two rods that are held in place by gaps in the rubber pad on the board.

Since the CVO style are only held on with one screw and a peg, I need to clean up the hole the OEM mounted with and touch up the paint.

Lastly, I noticed today while getting the rest of the "stuff" I took out of the trunk and putting the tools back, The E-Series are showing some signs of maybe the trike is running a tad rich.

E-Series.jpg

It's interesting that the left one is showing more signs ... usually the right does. Since about 80-90% of this trip was highway, might do some more highway (70 mph) tuning to help with this. Since it was chilly before I left I only did like 2 runs. Who knows, maybe I can coax another mph or two out of the trike ... LOL ... maybe not.

7. DKCustoms postbit
    User ID

Better to be rich than lean
    Nuff Said," Were Burnin Daylight, Lets Ride"(Sober 32years)
    Current ride : 17 FREEWHEELER M8, Power Vision tuner, DK Customs Outlaw air cleaner, modified by me head breather vent with drain, Gutted stock mufflers, (RJS Originals) rear wheel discs , (RJS Originals) custom windshield lower panel, Mighty Mites Love Jugs fans by Papa Zook

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Klarich View Post
    Better to be rich than lean
    True, but, with the Power Vison, I'm really certain I can't get to lean when auto tuning. I never have before ...

User ID

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe View Post
    True, but, with the Power Vison, I'm really certain I can't get to lean when auto tuning. I never have before ...
    You can check your air fuel ratio with your PV
    Nuff Said," Were Burnin Daylight, Lets Ride"(Sober 32years)
    Current ride : 17 FREEWHEELER M8, Power Vision tuner, DK Customs Outlaw air cleaner, modified by me head breather vent with drain, Gutted stock mufflers, (RJS Originals) rear wheel discs , (RJS Originals) custom windshield lower panel, Mighty Mites Love Jugs fans by Papa Zook

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Klarich View Post
    You can check your air fuel ratio with your PV
    When I finished tuning it was at 14.5:1 if I remember correctly ...

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Default Maybe no tuning

Doubt it would hurt, but, it's running so good and sooooo cool that I may just leave well enough alone. Here's how the E-Series looked after just a water hose off. Wand wash hose off:

2019-05-16 11.15.23.jpg

Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast