Correct me if I'm wrong

Dec 30, 2014
Grand Junction, Co. USA
I currently have a 2014 Ultra Glide Shop Manual. Touring.

If I'm not mistaken, all I need for my new to me Tri Glide is the Trike supplement and I'll be covered right?

I can not bring myself to work on a bike without the appropriate shop manual, even I don't open it ... LOL.

If I'm not mistaken, all I need for my new to me Tri Glide is the Trike supplement and I'll be covered right?

I can not bring myself to work on a bike without the appropriate shop manual, even I don't open it ... LOL.
You are right Allen I have one for "Old Shiney". I will not work on it with at least having it close by don't trust downloads myself maybe just how I am. :Shrug:Fred

And the thumb drive makes it run faster?

It should since it isn't being downloaded from the internet. On the thumb drive, your computer will have instant access.

That being said, it might take a long time to download the thing from the internet to the thumb drive, but after that's done you should be golden.

Downloading files to the hard drive first should be fastest method......then transfer them to the thumb drive. I also copy my pdf manuals to my tablet which is far easier to take and use at my work locations. My thumb drives kinda serve as backups.

I'm a bit of a luddite, but, wouldn't running it on the computer's hard drive be the fastest? Especially since mine has an SSD Drive?

Sure would. But it depends on how much permanent space you want to take up on the hard drive. If it ain't a real big file, that would be fine.

I would add a parts manual also since I find that the parts diagrams are much better that what is in the service manuals (if anything at all). Having a visual of how things fit together is much better for me than reading about it. The same diagrams are available on the various dealer websites that sell parts online but I prefer the old fashioned print versions.

Books for the 2014 model year may well be available on eBay.

I got 1 from Service Manual Warehouse for my 2017 FW & it's great & fast for well under $20

The touring manual, the electrical supplement & the trike supplement, over 1,600 pages.

Yes.

I'm a bit of a luddite, but, wouldn't running it on the computer's hard drive be the fastest? Especially since mine has an SSD Drive?

Yes, It should run faster on your computer with a SSD installed. Whatever program your computer uses to open PDF files should open it quickly and display the pages quickly. As stated earlier, the slowest part might be the DOWNLOAD itself depending on your internet providers speed. When you finish the download, place a "shortcut" to it on your desktop and just click on it when you wish to open it. Or, create a folder in explorer and call it something like hddownloads, or whatever you want to call it, and then save all your HD download stuff in the folder.

I have a 2012 shop manual for FL, 103 eng, I bought the trike supplement. The engine is the same, spec's the same. The supplement will cover the trike itself.

I suggest buying the Parts Catalogue as well. It list part # for most everything and the sizes of screws/bolts. I prefer the printed manuals because of the cross referencing.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png