Harley Street Bob Trike Question

I bought a DNA trike kit for my 2006 Harley Street Bob. I haven't installed it yet and while I was checking things out I noticed that the swing arm bolts through the back of the transmission. Does any one know if that will be strong enought for the extra strain of a trike swing arm and axle?? If I need to ad something to make it stronger please let me know what and how. Thanks for any info.

Louie 'I can't help you with your question , But i can Welcome you to Trike-Talk....:wave4:

Im sure someone will chime in soon with the answer to your question..

Again welcome......:clapping:..

Welcome Louie.

Is there anything mentioned in the instruction manual?

A query to DNA directly would likely get your question answered, short of another DNA conversion owner stepping in.

Post up pics if you feel like sharing the job with the forum members...

I bought a DNA trike kit for my 2006 Harley Street Bob. I haven't installed it yet and while I was checking things out I noticed that the swing arm bolts through the back of the transmission. Does any one know if that will be strong enought for the extra strain of a trike swing arm and axle?? If I need to ad something to make it stronger please let me know what and how. Thanks for any info.

The DYNA is pretty fragile when it comes to a TRIKE conversion.

Lehman Trikes engineered brackets and spacers to minimize stress on the rear Transmission/Engine/Swingarm mount. They made a longer swingarm pivot pin and utilized a swaybar connecting the frame to the rear axle as well to minimize lateral forces.

I converted my '08 Street Bob with a DNA 'kit' 2 yrs. ago and have only put about 1500 miles on it . If you wonder why such low mileage is because I still ride my 2001 Sportster when the Ball and Chain doesn't want to go riding ...

I go over my bike quite a lot checking things to make sure that nothing has come loose or broken . I guess I've been lucky so far ? I do have some pics on here under 'Trike Kits' dealing with "The Trike Life" kits and how I put my trike together .

The roads around here a terrible and I do mean terrible especially after winter .

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png