Fairing for a 15 Freewheeler with A Daymaker Headlight

Mar 17, 2019
Starke, FL, USA
Just wondering if anyone has purchased a Fairing with stereo for a 15 Freewheeler that has a daymaker headlight. I am under the understanding that a regular fairing may not work due to the daymaker headlight being larger than an OEM headlight. Advice and insight appreciated!

I wasn't aware that a Daymaker headlight was bigger in diameter than a standard headlamp. Even if it is, most all aftermarket fairings have space around headlamp. My Reckless fairing has about a 1/2" clearance all around. Check the fairing manufacturer website to view fairings installed on bike to get better idea of what your dealing with.

:welcome: To the Trike Talk Family! FROM SOUTH
attachment.php

Howdy Amy! :wave4:

Just wondering if anyone has purchased a Fairing with stereo for a 15 Freewheeler that has a daymaker headlight. I am under the understanding that a regular fairing may not work due to the Daymaker headlight being larger than an OEM headlight. Advice and insight appreciated!

I have no specific experience with the installation, but here is what I do know....

The description I found on Amazon is as follows:

7'' Harley Daymaker Led Headlight Round LED Headlamp Assembly with Hi/Lo Beam for Harley-Davidson Motorcycle with H4 Plug with Adapter Ring Fit Any Harley Bikes with 7 Inch Headlight: Universal Harley round LED headlight bulb replaces original halogen and HID headlight

That made sense to me as I bought a 7" LED lamp set up from Headwinds for my 2017 Frewheeler and it fit the housing.

All that said, the "Daymaker" headlamps on the HD MoCo Parts web site do have one listed with fitment for a 2015 (that does not mean they won't fit, it means the MoCo does not recommend it... just like Stage IV kits for FLRT:laugh:)

So.... I would see if your local dealer's techs know why HD does not recommend the 7" Daymakers for the 15 FLRT, then you will know what lamp to shop FOR and why.

If the fairing fits a stock FLRT, then it fits one with the Daymaker headlamp in the headlight bucket

PS.... After you get all this figured out, you can share the knowledge with all of us :Dorag:

Welcome to the site!!!

I have no specific experience with the installation, but here is what I do know....

The description I found on Amazon is as follows:

7'' Harley Daymaker Led Headlight Round LED Headlamp Assembly with Hi/Lo Beam for Harley-Davidson Motorcycle with H4 Plug with Adapter Ring Fit Any Harley Bikes with 7 Inch Headlight: Universal Harley round LED headlight bulb replaces original halogen and HID headlight

That made sense to me as I bought a 7" LED lamp set up from Headwinds for my 2017 Frewheeler and it fit the housing.

All that said, the "Daymaker" headlamps on the HD MoCo Parts web site do have one listed with fitment for a 2015 (that does not mean they won't fit, it means the MoCo does not recommend it... just like Stage IV kits for FLRT:laugh:)

So.... I would see if your local dealer's techs know why HD does not recommend the 7" Daymakers for the 15 FLRT, then you will know what lamp to shop FOR and why.

If the fairing fits a stock FLRT, then it fits one with the Daymaker headlamp in the headlight bucket

PS.... After you get all this figured out, you can share the knowledge with all of us :Dorag:

Welcome to the site!!!

OK so I did some research and I was wrong. The daymaker headlight FOR the freewheeler isn't any larger. So I ordered the Freewheeler Fairing from Vector Batwing Fairings complete with stereo and speakers. I'll let all of you know how the install goes and how it performs. Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. This FL lady really appreciates it.:)

OK so I did some research and I was wrong. The daymaker headlight FOR the freewheeler isn't any larger. So I ordered the Freewheeler Fairing from Vector Batwing Fairings complete with stereo and speakers. I'll let all of you know how the install goes and how it performs. Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. This FL lady really appreciates it.:)

Awesome! We like pictures so take many when it is finished.

Awesome! We like pictures so take many when it is finished.

PS.... the emphasis on the FOR was mainly to emphasize the fact that these Freewheelers are excluded from a lot of aftermarket accessory lists. So you buy "stuff" and then find out the the MoCo engineers decided that trike parts should be just a little different and things don't fit/work. So you have to sometimes go a few layers deeper to find out what to look for or invent something for yourself because there are a lot less things out there for Freewheelers that there is for Road Kings and Ultras..... It is getting better, but still can be a challenge. The front end is one of those places that I have unfortunately had lots of un-good experiences with. But thankfully in this case...it looks like a 7" headlamp = a 7" headlamp.... Cool Jewels!

Keep at least two wheels on the ground and enjoy the Free

Can't speak for other brands of fairings, but had a customer send me a picture of one of our fairings (Hoppe) with the Daymaker headlight on a Freewheeler & it does fit. It looks to be a bit tighter on the sides, but there is still a noticeable air gap. May get the best info by reaching out to the fairing manufacturer you're looking into & asking; they may have an idea as to whether it'll work or not.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png