Time to get the Heathen ready

Fowler

900+ Posts
Sep 15, 2014
Moneta VA
Time to get the Heathen out and get it ready for the riding season

when I pulled it out of the shop last Friday to make room for Boxing I let it run for a while

I could hear on the right side some lifter noise.

So I just ordered some new cork valve cover gaskets and will do a valve adjustment one I get them.

Yep! I finely got mine out for a 40ish mile ride yesterday.............Aaaaaaaaaaa and did it feel wonderful! :):)

especially when I removed the cover, lowered "Blacky" off the jacks, unplugged the battery tender, put key in ignition, push start button, and Varoooooom, the girl started right up, BUT THEN AGAIN, would we even ever think, that a Honda Goldwing, would operate any other way??? :D:D:clapping::clapping:

Ronnie

worked on it some today.

Resurfacing the front fender, It drying overnight and I should be able to wet sand and clear coat tomorrow.

Received the valve cover gaskets in today, Will adjust the valves tomorrow

Using this procedure to do it

Picked up some plexiglass well actually poly carbonate to make new windshield from, Will try to get that done this weekend also

I clear coated the fender. I got 2 large runs.

Now I have to wait for it to completely dry, wet sand and coat again

I have always sucked at painting. I can do a lot of things but painting is not one of them

I put is new windshield panes in.

I sanded and clear coated the rest of the skulls/faces

I decided to do the valve adjustment tomorrow.

My brake and clutch fluid levels are good but look darker than they should. I may replace my fluid. Both systems are small so bleeding them is not that hard

I got my new phone paired with my stereo

adjusted the valves

flushed the brake and clutch systems, the clutch was darker than the brake.

sanded the runs out of the front fender and re clear coated. Now the runs are gone but I must not have gotten it clean enough because I have want looks like tiny air bubbles. I actually think it is dust

So I have to wait for it to dry again, wet sand again and then re clear coat again!

I suck at painting

If I want a fine paint job I have to do a both in the garage with drop clothes. Nevada always has a breeze, if not it is sure to pick up soon as you are done painting. End results are ususlly fine grit sand on the painted piece. Big cardboard box helps.

But sanded out mistakes and applied again until it was nice.:D

Hello, Not trying to hijack the thread, but I can't get the PM to work again (tech stupid). chopptrk- what part of La. are you in? Depending on your area and need, I maybe able to recommend a good mechanic in the B.R. area. Apologies and thanks for your time.

Last year I was ran off the road and into the ditch

That bent my steering.

I still road it for the rest of the season.

I planned to fix it during the winter.

Winter came and I forgot all about it.

I have been riding for a few days and notice it again.

I hope to have it repaired this weekend

Hello, Not trying to hijack the thread, but I can't get the PM to work again (tech stupid). chopptrk- what part of La. are you in? Depending on your area and need, I maybe able to recommend a good mechanic in the B.R. area. Apologies and thanks for your time.

Thanks Sonny but I do 99.9999% of the work myself. If I don't know how to do something I still do it myself, lol. Sometimes gotta do things twice also. Thanks again

Last year I was ran off the road and into the ditch

That bent my steering.

I still road it for the rest of the season.

I planned to fix it during the winter.

Winter came and I forgot all about it.

I have been riding for a few days and notice it again.

I hope to have it repaired this weekend

Dang, hate when that happens. Glad it was minor.

got it almost fixed

its not exactly straight but its the best I can do without cutting and welding

as log as the tire wears OK I am good with it the way it is now

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png