CSC Viper Diff Oil Change Tips ??

Aug 7, 2018
Celina, OH
Had my 03 GL1800 triked with a CSC Viper kit this summer and it is time to do the initial rear diff oil change. I know there are two places to change but have not pulled the rear wheel to see what I'm getting into yet. Anything I should know or round up before I start? Especially interested in best (least messy and frustrating) way to get the gear lube in and out. Probably should put a few miles on to warm things up before I start too.

Thanks,Mike

Had my 03 GL1800 triked with a CSC Viper kit this summer and it is time to do the initial rear diff oil change. I know there are two places to change but have not pulled the rear wheel to see what I'm getting into yet. Anything I should know or round up before I start? Especially interested in best (least messy and frustrating) way to get the gear lube in and out. Probably should put a few miles on to warm things up before I start too.

Thanks,Mike

Here is a link to CSC's service manual and diagrams.

http://californiasidecar.com/pdf/Manual_-_2017.pdf

Thanks Papa Zook. That diagram will be helpful. Ordered the drain siphon kit that works with a shop vac that was mentioned in a similar post that I found after I posted the question. Also building ramps to get high enough for a floor jack. Whole new world to me.

Thanks,

Mike

20180830_202827_C.jpg