An old member just checking in

rmrc51

Lost In The 50's
Feb 2, 2009
Palmyra, Virginia
I haven't been on this forum in quite a long time. Way back when, I did have a Valkyrie and later a Goldwing trike, posting very often in TrikeTalk.

Last year, I did post that I was picking up my dream bike, and 'Indian Vintage' with the hopes that I'd be able to add a Hannigan sidecar within a year's time. Well, unfortunately it looks like it's gonna take a little more time regarding the financial end for that sidecar.

So as I was wandering through the good old TrikeTalk forum this morning, I noticed that there's no specific forum for Hannigan Trikes. Any reason why? Just curious,,,. :confused:

Hi Rich, great to see you again!

Years ago, sponsors (vendors) asked for their own dedicated forum that is specific to their brand where they can answer questions directly to their customers and announce new products, post pics, promotions, etc. It was a great idea, one that we still have, but over time, we discovered that after a while many would stop sponsoring and just coast on their legacy posts, pics and promotions to perpetually promote and sell there product for free.

While that is great for them, unless one is independently wealthy and has hundreds of hours a month to burn, it is impossible for any forum owner to host and maintain a well executed forum and allow vendors to advertise for free with no sponsor support. All forums have dedicated vendor/sponsor forums and also allow sponsors to post forum wide on a limited basis so long as they are active sponsors. If this rule was not in place, everyone with a widget to sell you would be hawking their goods here nonstop and there would be no supporting sponsors on any forum and that would be the death knell of internet forums.

Hiya Papa Zook! Great to hear form you!

I completely understand. I just thought is was kinda strange that most of the other popular brands were listed and not Hannigan.

In any event, I'm gonna try and make an effort to be more active in good old TrikeTalk. And hopefully at some point in the near future, a Hannigan sidecar or trike conversion will be in the works for my Indian Vintage. Hope to see many more of your posts and other familiar members as well. :)

Papa Zook. Check your PM. Seems I can't send a response to your messages. I've been trying to contact you about next Monday. :)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png