Harley parking brake on 2015 & newer triglides

May 14, 2017
Manatee
I am wondering if anyone else is having the same issues I am having with the parking brake. Ever since I got the trike the PB always bottoms out when depressed. I would think it would only go down until it seats. I have had it adjusted several times and to no avail. It worked okay (not great) when new but now after it was recently adjusted it won't hold it on a "Slight incline". If anyone has had this problem and resolved it please let me know.

Thanks

I am wondering if anyone else is having the same issues I am having with the parking brake. Ever since I got the trike the PB always bottoms out when depressed. I would think it would only go down until it seats. I have had it adjusted several times and to no avail. It worked okay (not great) when new but now after it was recently adjusted it won't hold it on a "Slight incline". If anyone has had this problem and resolved it please let me know.

Thanks

With both my Tri-Glide's 11 and 17......I just parked in gear....:Shrug:...My 11 taught me to never trust the park brake if in neutral......

With both my Tri-Glide's 11 and 17......I just parked in gear....:Shrug:...My 11 taught me to never trust the park brake if in neutral......

I too leave the bike in gear ~ But also set the parking brake using the "In Gear" as the back up.

I had talked to my Tech not long after I got the trike. He asked me nicely if I would stop stomping on the Parking brake and stretching the cables. He explained to just press until the bike stops....Never had a problem and it has never let me down. And much prefer it to the older models with the pull lever....

That parking brake is a joke. I have an '11, you can adjust the handle only so much, then you need to pull the wheels off and adjust it right at the caliper, but back off the handle adjustment first. Then when you get it working good, the pads are pretty tight against the rotors, causing the pads to wear more and start the circle again. I quit using it long ago. I keep a velcro strap for parking on steeper grades when it won't stay put in first gear. Has anybody with the newer foot parking brake ever scraped the pedal assembly on the ground? Looks like it hangs down pretty far. Ugly too...

My 16 has 34000 miles PB works just fine. Different than an 11. I would guess, rear pads are wore out or previous owner stretched the cable,by pushing on it too hard. 3-4 clicks & mine stays on an incline. Best of luck

I guess I forgot to mention that I have a Recluse clutch in it and leaving it in gear has no effect. I am happy with the in put, now I know where to start.

Thanks

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png