NC motorcycle lodge

Aug 9, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Hi fellow riders. I would like to share a place that I enjoy staying when in NC. We like to stay at the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge just outside of Robbinsville NC. Close to the dragon and the Cherohasla skyway. The things that I like about the place. It's quite, clean, and friendly. It was built by riders with riders in mind. Breakfast served every day, dinner 5 nights a week.

I'm a disabled rider, missing a leg, and they have a great shower set up for folks like me. Big heavy duty bench seat, strong hand rails, walk in. I'm not that comfortable in my own shower at home. I have always found the staff friendly and helpful.

For the last few years we have been going down and staying 3 weeks with them. We have made many friends that we make a point of seeing and meeting up with at different times and events during the year.

For example, Gettysburg bike week is in July, and some folks we met, and have kept in touch with are coming down from New York to camp with us. when I travel to Florida, we make it a point to have dinner with friends we met there.

Now understand, camping is a broad term that encompasses many forms of the sport. My version of camping is a Class A motorhome. Some folks like to sleep with just a bedroll. point is, what ever your version is, the Iron Horse can accommodate you. Look them up on line, Iron horse motorcycle lodge NC.

If traveling to Gatlinburg Tennessee, I would suggest Twin Creek RV resort. No tent camping, too many bears I guess, but they have nice cabins to rent if your not the RV type. Only two miles from Gatlinburg it a nice walk into town, or in my case it was a nice walk.

Now I take the trolly that picks you up right at the entrance of the park and goes into the heart of gatlinburg. So if you want to go into town, have dinner and enjoy adult beverages without having to ride, or mother nature brings an unpleasant day of rain, you are not sitting around.

Hope someone find this useful,

Ride Safe,

D-Bub

Just checked out their website.

Unless I'm reading it wrong, surprised to see they only have 1 RV site with water elec. and sewer. There are 4 other RV sites without sewer, for a total of 5 RV sites! Wonder why the camping area is so small?

Guess that's why they're stressing to make reservations beforehand!

Looks like a nice place other than that...

Just checked out their website.

Unless I'm reading it wrong, surprised to see they only have 1 RV site with water elec. and sewer. There are 4 other RV sites without sewer, for a total of 5 RV sites! Wonder why the camping area is so small?

Guess that's why they're stressing to make reservations beforehand!

Looks like a nice place other than that...

Yea, they are working on that. But we were there last year and could not get the full service site, but we did ok. I used the shower in the lodge and only used the bathroom in the RV for those middle of the night pee's. LOL

Thank you for this info, cause (hopefully) this October, we are "thinking" of traveling that area.....Now we have a place to rest our heads :laugh:

Ronnie

Ronnie, If you do decide to come in October, look us up. Just ask for the Dave's. My Buddy knows some great roads in that area, as well as good places to eat!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png