Likes Likes:  208
Thanks Thanks:  3
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Trike Talk Texas Hill Country Reunion 2019

450+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by nucseal View Post
    Definitely will be great to see everyone again!
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you Alan.
    HOW CAN YOU HELP THE TRIKE TALK FORUM? Become a GOLD CLUB MEMBER!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to the 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

User ID

Quote Originally Posted by jjvw View Post
    Sorry we missed you in MI. We were in Maggie Valley. I hear you are not going to Port A. Maybe we can stop by on our way to TX again. if you haven't left for AZ yet.
    Sounds good, are you going to Port. A this year?
    Larry Sobczak
    Breese, IL

2011 H-D Tri- Glide

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Default Update on the saga I call mom

Mom just got a call from the doctors office ... reminding her to come in for her "pre op" stuff today. Hmmm ... she didn't tell be about what "op" the "pre" is for. Turns out it's for the vein procedure in her leg that we had "talked" about, but, at the time no discussions had been made. Apparently, it's scheduled for tomorrow at 2pm along with her Orto doc appointment at noon. Good thing I didn't make any plans ... not that I can ... LOL.

She tells me the two are independent and won't affect her ability to drive ... still surprising they would do the vein thing while she's recovering from the hip, but, it's been awhile since that happened, so maybe it makes sense .... it's been like two lifetimes .... ... not sure how this affects me going to Kerrville.

Needless to say ... I don't like surprises ... but she claims that I just misunderstood ... ... what can I say .. it's mom . She tells me that the day after her vein thing, she can drive (this is assuming the Ortho guy approves it). We go to get new X-rays at 2pm today ... Still praying she's healing. If for no other reason, my sanity .... ... or what little is left.

I must be a good son, cause, I told her I'd take her to red lobster after her X-ray appointment for shrimp fest (she just loves those coconut shrimp).
    2014 Tri Glide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2006 Gold Wing Comfort Navi Abs - Jessica, 2003 Gold Wing - Helga, 2014 HD Ultra Limited - Harley Quinn, 2008 Gold Wing with Champion Conversion - Fat Bottom Girl 2, 2001 Goldwing - Tweety, 2015, HD Triglide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2011 HD Ultra - Raven, 2006 K1200LT - Vianca, 2007 HD Ultra - Ice Blue, 2006 HD Ultra - Arctic Blast, 2004 Honda Goldwing - Snow White, 2001 Goldwing - Crimson Pearl, And Many More

2000+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Maybe you could get the person you were dog sitting for to mom sit for you.
    "Anybody can become an American but ya have to be born a TEXAN"

2000+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by PosseRider View Post
    Janiene is already packing.
    I have started putting the things I need to take but don't need to use between now and departure in a neat stack. Does that count as packing?
    "Anybody can become an American but ya have to be born a TEXAN"

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LadyonaMission View Post
    Maybe you could get the person you were dog sitting for to mom sit for you.
    I wouldn't ask her ... she works like all the time ... I wouldn't be comfortable leaving mom with her.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyonaMission View Post
    I have started putting the things I need to take but don't need to use between now and departure in a neat stack. Does that count as packing?
    Yes
    2014 Tri Glide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2006 Gold Wing Comfort Navi Abs - Jessica, 2003 Gold Wing - Helga, 2014 HD Ultra Limited - Harley Quinn, 2008 Gold Wing with Champion Conversion - Fat Bottom Girl 2, 2001 Goldwing - Tweety, 2015, HD Triglide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2011 HD Ultra - Raven, 2006 K1200LT - Vianca, 2007 HD Ultra - Ice Blue, 2006 HD Ultra - Arctic Blast, 2004 Honda Goldwing - Snow White, 2001 Goldwing - Crimson Pearl, And Many More

User ID

Alan, you are the Good son

I pray for you and your mom
    Nuff Said," Were Burnin Daylight, Lets Ride"(Sober 32years)
    Current ride : 17 FREEWHEELER M8, Power Vision tuner, DK Customs Outlaw air cleaner, modified by me head breather vent with drain, Gutted stock mufflers, (RJS Originals) rear wheel discs , (RJS Originals) custom windshield lower panel, Mighty Mites Love Jugs fans by Papa Zook

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Default Update on the saga I call mom

Welp ...

Mom saw the hip doc and the X-rays show she is healing nicely and can drive assuming the vein doc says it's okay.

We were sitting in the waiting room waiting to see the vein doc and he came out and said mom didn't need to wait, she didn't need any vein work at this time after all ... the therapy and compression leggings were reversing the issue she was having.

So what does all this mean ... guess I need to do an oil and filter change cause I'm cleared for takeoff to Kerrville ...

9A27F3F6-8BD0-4D20-BB44-47621F2C87A4_zpsp8w5gt0d.gif

The trailer is packed ... my bags are packed ... I'll do the oil change, check everything out ... and leave early the 20th ... ... there be BBQ is Alan's future

1250+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Lola, we are packed & loaded for Tues lift-off. Cya in Augusta,Ks. next week. Looks like a good ride to Kerrville through Pampa & Palo Duro. Ride safe.
    2016 TriGlide 40,000 & climbing

1500+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe View Post
    Welp ...

Mom saw the hip doc and the X-rays show she is healing nicely and can drive assuming the vein doc says it's okay.

We were sitting in the waiting room waiting to see the vein doc and he came out and said mom didn't need to wait, she didn't need any vein work at this time after all ... the therapy and compression leggings were reversing the issue she was having.

So what does all this mean ... guess I need to do an oil and filter change cause I'm cleared for takeoff to Kerrville ...

9A27F3F6-8BD0-4D20-BB44-47621F2C87A4_zpsp8w5gt0d.gif

The trailer is packed ... my bags are packed ... I'll do the oil change, check everything out ... and leave early the 20th ... ... there be BBQ is Alan's future
    Glad Mamma is doing well! Be safe on your trip down!

BBQ dinner on me if you can do the same dance!

Robert
    “Come and Take It!” “Remember the Alamo!” “Remember Goliad!”

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast