Air Hawk Questions

So the original inventors of the air hawk sold out to an investment company and stayed on to run the company, then the new owners wanted to make the cushions out of subpar materials. So the original owners left and started a new company Wild Ass cushions, and the were promptly sued by the new air hawk owners, they settled out of court. I researched this before I bought mine and went with the wild ass cushion and am very happy with it. J and P cycles carry them

I wondered about this... I still am using an original Air Hawk...bought it in 2008 or 2009. My husband’s first Air Hawk R was very good quality. That cushion fell off the trike and the rear tire ran over it...ruined it. Bought another “R” for him in 2016... the cushion was definitely smaller and the materials were definitely not near as good quality as the first. I gave that cushion to a friend after Jim passed so have no knowledge as to how well it has held up. My original is still as good as new.

Thanks for passing this info along.

So the original inventors of the air hawk sold out to an investment company and stayed on to run the company, then the new owners wanted to make the cushions out of subpar materials. So the original owners left and started a new company Wild Ass cushions, and the were promptly sued by the new air hawk owners, they settled out of court. I researched this before I bought mine and went with the wild ass cushion and am very happy with it. J and P cycles carry them

Did you purchase the Smart Classic, Smart Air Gel or Smart Lite?

Lola, I don’t remember the model, but after talking to one of the owners, they were set up at j and p cycles during biketoberfest, we went with the cheapest one, which I would assume is the smart classic. My wife and I both got one and so far we like it. Got it just before riding season was over and the weather this spring has sucked so really haven’t put it through a long ride yet, but I can tell that getting the right air pressure is key. Hope this helps. Steve

Lola, I don’t remember the model, but after talking to one of the owners, they were set up at j and p cycles during biketoberfest, we went with the cheapest one, which I would assume is the smart classic. My wife and I both got one and so far we like it. Got it just before riding season was over and the weather this spring has sucked so really haven’t put it through a long ride yet, but I can tell that getting the right air pressure is key. Hope this helps. Steve

Steve, thanks for the information.

Agree 100%....

Just received this afternoon. Fits the Tri well. Airhawk - R-REVB Cruiser R Large Motorcycle Seat Cushion for Comfortable Travel - Large Size
61yg2Rd9EbL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

I still have mine that is 8-9 years old and is working great. If it goes bad, I will try and repair it rather than replacing it with an inferior one.

It has made a huge improvement in riding comfort for me.

Kevin

AirHawk arrived yesterday evening. Be a while before we use it much. Rain a lot, & have to take Tri in on the 15th for 1000 mile check in. After that may get a few miles before we leave on our trip out to Wa state . US Rt 2 from Mi to Wa. featured ride in Hog Tales .

AirHawk arrived yesterday evening. Be a while before we use it much. Rain a lot, & have to take Tri in on the 15th for 1000 mile check in. After that may get a few miles before we leave on our trip out to Wa state . US Rt 2 from Mi to Wa. featured ride in Hog Tales .

rt 2 looks like a good ride. Enjoy!

Just ordered the Air Hawk R revb large,will use it on my Road King on the 19 of this month when i do our annual Red River Gorge run.Its just the guys so wont try it on the Trike until July 8th when we have our couples ride to Brown County Ind.

It doesn’t take much air to make them comfy. Too much air and they are hard and bouncy feeling. You just have to experiment with it til you find your comfort zone.

Sounds like a great ride -- Lots of great ridding here in Washington -- do the North Cascades Hwy - then out to the coast along the Pacific ocean.

Be Safe

Sounds like a great ride -- Lots of great ridding here in Washington -- do the North Cascades Hwy - then out to the coast along the Pacific ocean.

Be Safe

Was out that way over 18 yrs ago when we did a perimeter ride of the US. came up 101 from Ca. We stayed on an AirForce Base out there somewhere. Took a Ferry across to the mainland & then up to the corner of the US. We hit the 4 corners of the US on that ride also. Little over 15,000 miles.

Well did about 150 today. Let air out of AirHawk 3 times. Starting to feel pretty good. Maybe a little more release,next ride. So far looks like it will work. :D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png