Fowler

900+ Posts
Sep 15, 2014
Moneta VA
I seem to go through clutches every couple years

the pad part usually are good its the bearing or the clutch springs that go bad

This time its the springs again

I can hear them

Before I order another clutch set is there a better set with better bearing and springs

Next question is, is it my fault? I do ride like I stole it. I'm not easy on it at all, but would expect them to last longer then they have been

Are you using stock type parts? Most sprung clutch discs are heavy duty but maybe not as HD as a racing 4 puck disc?

Something like this?:
AC141170K-2.jpg

From these folks:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]http://vwparts.aircooled.net/KEP-4-Puck-200mm-Racing-Clutch-Disc-p/ac141170k.htm[/FONT]

I'm running an autostick so I rarely have clutch issues, but someone like Rex who's into hotrod power might have good suggestions???:Shrug:

I would not run a puck.

They are violent no slip engage, fine for a sand buggy where you have lots of tire slip.

I would stay with a more normal woven fiber stockish type disc. Something that will give a little engagement time/slip.

I have always used the diaphragm type spring pressure plate.

I ran a 150hp 2110 stroker for a long time with a stock replacement rigid hub disc and a 1200 lb LUK diaphragm pressure plate.

I currently have a 1700 lb empi clone of a Kennedy and an empi woven semi metallic cush lock disc. It held 196 wheel hp (which is around 225 at crank) on the dyno pull.

The hardest part is finding a throw out bearing that is worth anything. I dont think anyone makes a decent one anymore.

:confused:, my mind is coming back to me. Besides hurting the arm I picked up a bug at the VA hospital, feel better today, but two weeks of hell and alot of sweating at night.

Interesting subjects come up all the time, this is one that is good to know about for now as I am stock still.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png