Triglide body Removal posts

May 11, 2013
SUN CITY WEST. ARIZONA
Hi.

I'm looking either a post about this or a site.

About a month ago someone on here had the body off of their Trike and was cleaning it up and or replacing some parts.

Can someone turn me on to WHO and where I can see that posts PLEASE.

Reason I'm asking is a friend of ours is having problems with his 13 Tri Glide PAINT coming off in chucks.

Mostly on the trunk. So we want to take off the box and stripe the rest of it off.

I seen a VIDEO or pics of that ' I " think its was from DK or another member who I can't remember WHO.

ANY HELP is greatly Appreciated on this THANK YOU........Rick

Hi.

I'm looking either a post about this or a site.

About a month ago someone on here had the body off of their Trike and was cleaning it up and or replacing some parts.

Can someone turn me on to WHO and where I can see that posts PLEASE.

Reason I'm asking is a friend of ours is having problems with his 13 Tri Glide PAINT coming off in chucks.

Mostly on the trunk. So we want to take off the box and stripe the rest of it off.

I seen a VIDEO or pics of that ' I " think its was from DK or another member who I can't remember WHO.

ANY HELP is greatly Appreciated on this THANK YOU........Rick
Rick I posted my pictures but it is a simple process to remove the body, I will not hesitate to remove it again for cleaning and repairs. I have an 09 supplement find one for the correct year and get to work. If repainting the fenders need to be removed and painted separately as well as tour pak. I posted the pictures I have on the Breakfast club thread this is an easy project. I have learned 2 allen head bolts by the swing arm 6 bolts I think 1/2" bolts one ground strap nut and 2 maybe 3 wiring plugs I'm sure they are different than my 09. Then lift off the body and be amazed at the crud that has built up under the body. While you are there check the drive belt alignment, that is what had me remove my body. Then I found places where the powder coating failed and I repaired those few spots. New brake pads and adjusted the parking brake. Pan hard rod Heim joints were a little loose so... new ones tighten it right up. I have just under 30,000 on old Shiney so it need a little TLC. Any questions call me I would be more than glad to talk with you about it. 814-229-2489 remember it's only an hour difference maybe two. ride safe Fred

Rick I posted my pictures but it is a simple process to remove the body, I will not hesitate to remove it again for cleaning and repairs. I have an 09 supplement find one for the correct year and get to work. If repainting the fenders need to be removed and painted separately as well as tour pak. I posted the pictures I have on the Breakfast club thread this is an easy project. I have learned 2 allen head bolts by the swing arm 6 bolts I think 1/2" bolts one ground strap nut and 2 maybe 3 wiring plugs I'm sure they are different than my 09. Then lift off the body and be amazed at the crud that has built up under the body. While you are there check the drive belt alignment, that is what had me remove my body. Then I found places where the powder coating failed and I repaired those few spots. New brake pads and adjusted the parking brake. Pan hard rod Heim joints were a little loose so... new ones tighten it right up. I have just under 30,000 on old Shiney so it need a little TLC. Any questions call me I would be more than glad to talk with you about it. 814-229-2489 remember it's only an hour difference maybe two. ride safe Fred

Good info Fred:clapping:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png