2015 Gold Wing CSC front end sags 2 and 3/4 in.

Jul 15, 2018
Montrose
Hi CSC trikers- I'm having a problem with front forks sagging 2 & 3/4 inches with no one on the trike-I don't think thats normal- my bike is a 2015 Gold Wing with 13000 miles- I weigh 190 and co rider 140- I have put about 10500 mile on the bike since I purchased it about 7 months ago- Has anyone tried any fork spring upgrade or fork extenders?

Hi CSC trikers- I'm having a problem with front forks sagging 2 & 3/4 inches with no one on the trike-I don't think thats normal- my bike is a 2015 Gold Wing with 13000 miles- I weigh 190 and co rider 140- I have put about 10500 mile on the bike since I purchased it about 7 months ago- Has anyone tried any fork spring upgrade or fork extenders?

Hank,

I would talk to the person who did the conversion and find out if they installed fork extensions and if so what length. You can add up to 2" extensions. As for the springs, a 2015 with just 13,000 miles (or is it 23,500 miles now) should not need new springs. Personally, I am not a fan of the Progressive and similar springs because they make the trike ride much harsher IMHO.

sagging front end

Hank,

I would talk to the person who did the conversion and find out if they installed for extensions and if so what length. You can add up to 2" extensions. As for the springs, a 2015 with just 13,000 miles (or is it 23,500 miles now) should not need new springs. Personally, I am not a fan of the Progressive and similar springs because they make the trike ride much harsher IMHO.

Thanks for the reply- I do have 1 in. extensions and the total mileage is 13000- the sag is in the springs-I don't know if the springs are Progressive brand or original - I spoke to a tech at progressive and he suggested longer spacers and a heaver fork oil- I could go that way but life is to short to spend my tine experiment on what size extensions and what weight fork oil- The forks shouldn't have sagged so I think (with my very small brain) the bike has wrong springs, or have weakened in the short mileage that I put on the bike- When I purchased the bike (8 months ago) it had about 2500 miles with a new trike kit installed at the 2500 mile mark back in 2015- I was the first person to ride the bike after the conversion and initially there was no noticeable sag but after 10500 miles I ended up with almost 3 in. of sagging front end- Next I spoke to tech at Race Tech- They said springs shouldn't have sagged with that mileage on them and of course suggested there spring and proper spacers (matched to riders weight)- I ordered them and hope to have them installed by this weekend - Does any one have any thoughts on a longer (2 in.) extensions over the 1 in.

Extensions, as I am aware of, go on the top end of the forks. They are added so the trike can be leveled after a rake kit has been added. So, the length is determined by how much the forks need "dropped" in the triple trees to level the trike.

So, I would assume, the same length spacers as the length of extensions would be the requirement needed. However, some one (such as Zook} that actually does conversions should answer this

I am not a fan of using anything else but OEM springs and the wt. fork oil used by the bike manufacturer!

sagging front end

Hank,

I would talk to the person who did the conversion and find out if they installed for extensions and if so what length. You can add up to 2" extensions. As for the springs, a 2015 with just 13,000 miles (or is it 23,500 miles now) should not need new springs. Personally, I am not a fan of the Progressive and similar springs because they make the trike ride much harsher IMHO.

Thanks again for the reply - Just a side note- My Son lives in Waller, TX and just recently did the Twisted sisters ride with him also rode the Big Bend area out of Terlingua - Great rides but I noticed some problems with handling and didn't check out the problem till I got back to MI. and I think my problem was front suspension.

Go to 2" extensions. That is what I always provide with the 5 1/2 and 6 degree rake kits. I have them in stock, if you need a set, PM me.

It seems to me like having the fork extensions(and spacers)too short would cause the front to appear to sag.

It's not really the springs collapsing too far--it's the forks not being extended enough.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png