Stallion Insurance

Sep 3, 2008
WI
In preparation for the delivery of our Stallion we contacted our auto insurance agent (American Family). We giggled while listening to our insurance agent:

"A steering wheel you say?"
"With a Ford engine?"
"How many cc's is that?"
"You sure this is a motorcycle.......for sure?"
"I'm gonna have to call you back on this"
"You sure you aren't pulling my leg on this....I never heard of such a thing?"

An hour later we got a return call interspersed with much chuckling and owwing and ahhhhing over the photos and info he found online. Our agent ended up calling a MotorSport dealership about it and although we don't know the accuracy of what they told him he said the Stallion would be equivalent to 750cc's.

I don't know if this information will help any of you folks but we thought we'd share it. We will be fully covered ($100.00 Deductible/Comphrensive.....$250.00/Deductible Collision) for $271.00 per year. We thought this was rather low but have nothing to compare it to.

symplysimon

Last edited:
Dear Symplysimon,

I am not sure who your insurance agent talked to our what dealership he called or how they came up with 750cc but I can tell you that the engine size on the Stallion is 2300cc as it is stamped directly our MSO's here in Florida. We are a Thoroughbred Motorsport dealer and my suggestion would be to get back with your insurance agent and have him change your cc's to 2300 to protect yourself from a nonpayment on a claim for misinformation even if you are not the one that misinformed him. It is your responsibility to provide the insurance agent with this information. It would be in your best interest to have the proper insurance protection in case the need arises. I am sure your premiums will increase with the larger cc's and you may find it neccessary to check with other companies for competitive rates. I personnally would not feel confident in a company that would laugh and giggle about something they know nothing about. I know that Progressive and Allstate both insure the Stallion. If you have concerns of the cc size and wish to confirm my information please don't hesitate to call the manufacturer, Thoroughbred Motorsports, Inc in Texas and they will gladly answer your questions.

I hope that this information helps you get the right kind of covering for your Stallion.

Thanks!

Thank-You!
This is invaluable information. That is why we posted this thread.
I hope this helps others out there too.

Our agent has been with us for 34 years and I'm sorry if I made him sound as if he did not take this matter seriously. I printed out the information you posted and will call our agent first thing in the AM. I have no doubt and would assume that our rate will be increased, and rightly so. We indeed want the proper coverage.

Again, Thank-you for taking the time to post this.

Russel is correct

Your CC's are way off. 2300cc because it is a ford 2.3 ltr. engine. I had a hard time finding insurance in NC. I found all states were different. I found in NC Allstate was the best price for me with a yearly policy of $640.00 for full coverage with a 1k deductible. I have a few moving violations and an at fault accident that is going to time out in the next year so I am expecting my renewal to be much less. Try Allstate or Progressive. You may also need to get the name of the Progressive agent that Russel knows so they get the correct info, it took me quite a bit of time with several agents to get a policy under 1,000 per year.

Good luck, you do need to make sure the info the insurance agency has is correct.

Wendy and Wayne, I didn't have any problems with insurance on my trike. I had problems at the credit union trying to finance it. They did the same thing calling Motor Trike, Honda, and a local dealer so they could come up with an amount for it. I really got frustrated and then a nice young lady walked in and informed them that she had already done 3 trike loans and took over. The rest took about 30 minutes with no problems. We all need to remember that these toys are still fairly new to the general public.
I'm excited for you guys and know you're gonna love it...:)

State Farm covers the stallion. It is the only trike they will cover. It makes things a lot easier if you can get the VIN Number for them.

My credit union didnt even blink an eye but I was putting a lot down.

Our insurance agent called us this morning before we had a chance to call him. His underwriter called to tell him that they had quoted us the incorrect cc's/rate. (they have two other folks they've insured who have Stallions)

I emailed them the information Russel posted and also gave them the TMS phone number for future reference. The rate increase was not as bad as we thought it would be so all we need now are the VIN numbers :)

Thanks all for your help! :)

Wendy

I have progressive for the stallion and the M109R. With a realistic value of a year old stallion, I paid about $560 a year for both here in centeral Florida. I don't have UM or stacking.
tomg

Re: Insuring the Stallion with State Farm Insurance was fairly simple. Drove it to my agents office, they took pictures and a copy of sales lit. and called back with the price two hrs. later... My. insurance costs less than the coverage on my H>D> ultra Classic.. $560.00 per year w/500.00 ded... Once State Farm underwritters say the pics and the photo with the body off and verified TBMS as a manufacturer all questions were answered..Charlie D.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png